Hair Straighteners

September 24, 2013 by  

Hair Straighteners, Fire crews called to Rainhill home in early hours

A mum and her child had a lucky escape after a set of hair straighteners sparked a blaze.

Firefighters said the woman discovered the fire by chance and waking up coughing during the night.

Crews were called out at 2.20am to Warrington Road in Rainhill on Wednesday.

Watch Manager Graeme Jones said: “There were no smoke alarms in this property and it was by chance this fire was discovered.

“The occupier woke up coughing in the night and saw smoke in her bedroom. This could have been much more serious. The occupier was very lucky.”

The woman and the young child were given a precautionary check by paramedics at the scene for suspected smoke inhalation.

The fire, which caused slight damage to a bedroom, was out when firefighters arrived.

Mr Jones, who attended the scene with crews from Whiston, added: “We advise electrical items are not left turned on unattended even for a moment and not left on during the night.

“We also advise that people have working smoke alarms on each level of their home. People should also test the smoke alarms each week by pressing the test button to make sure they are working. Smoke alarms give you vital early warning of a fire.”

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.