Hayley Sulley Della Woods Dog Ate Neighbour

June 5, 2014 by  

Hayley Sulley Della Woods Dog Ate Neighbour, HALEY Sulley And Della Woods Jailed:Two Liverpool Women to Serve One Year in Prison for Allowing Dog to Eat Neighbor Alive

Liverpool, England – Mersey-Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service’s Senior Crown Prosecutor Gary Simpson put it best when he expressed that the tragedy caused to two female residents of this city was completely avoidable. The Norris Green residents 29-year-old Della Woods and 30-year-old Hayley Sulley will spend one year in prison for the death of their 79-year-old neighbor Clifford Clarke from a dog attack. The retiree was minding his own business preparing lamb meat in his kitchen when a dog owned by the two aforementioned women entered his home and attacked him in what prosecutors claim was an attempt to eat the elderly man alive.

By the time the attack was over, he had been dragged by the dog into his yard. One arm was mauled so badly it had to be removed. The other was nearly gnawed off. He suffered many more bite injuries. In the end, he succumbed to his injuries. He had just celebrated his birthday the day before the attack. What is believed to have provoked the dog attack is sheer hunger. Both Woods and Sulley failed to care for the dog and it resorted to lapping up dirty water, and eating cigarette butts and plastic bowls.

When police arrived to aid Mr. Clarke, the dog, a Presa Canario, was foaming at the mouth and in a rabid state.

They dropped the dog only to see it chew on the butt of the rifle and arise for yet another attack. Mr. Clarke’s family is devastated by his senseless death. He was considered a nurturing man and they were relying on the emotional support he gave them. The prosecutor was grateful that the women accepted the plea bargain to spare the family the horror of reliving Mr. Clarke’s death. In addition to their prison sentence, the women accepted a lifetime prohibition on dog ownership.

Hayley Sulley Della Woods dog ate neighbour

Speaking to the Mirror, Clifford’s furious brother Ken Clarke said: “They got one year in jail and will probably be out in six months.

“It’s no sort of punishment. If the judge had given them longer it would have made an example of them.

“You didn’t have these problems with dogs 20 years ago.

“But now you have eight-stone girls hauling 13-stone dogs behind them on a lead. It’s wrong.”

Gary Simpson, senior crown prosecutor with the Mersey-Cheshire Crown Prosecution Service, said Sulley and Woods should have time to reflect on their actions.

“The guilty pleas of these two women have thankfully brought this case to a relatively speedy conclusion and have saved Mr Clarke’s relatives the ordeal of a trial,” he said. “Hayley Sulley and Della Woods were both responsible for the dog’s welfare and behaviour on that fateful day. Their failure to make sure the dog was cared for and under control has led to a man’s death and they must now come to terms with that. Our thoughts are with the family of Mr Clarke at this sad time.”

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.