Family Awarded $63M

February 14, 2013 by  

Family Awarded $63M, A Massachusetts jury ruled Wednesday that Johnson & Johnson will have to award $63 million to a Massachusetts family.

According to the Clarion Ledger, Samantha Reckis and her parents were awarded the money after she suffered from toxic epidermal necrolysis.

Reckis took a children’s Motrin brand ibuprofen when she was 7-years-old. The pill caused a poisonous reaction.

Reckis’ reactions to the pain reliever included losing 90 percent of her skin and going blind. She had been diagnosed with the rare side effect nearly ten years ago. Samantha Reckis is a teenager now, and an honor student.

She suffered short-term memory loss from brain damage and her respiratory system was also affected by the necrolysis.

The trial spanned five weeks. The jury awarded $50 million to Samantha and $6.5 million to each of her parents.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.