Web Prank Causes $100,000 In Damages
March 26, 2012 by staff
Web Prank Causes $100,000 In Damages, A bizarre Internet directed prank that caused extensive damage to an Aberdeen hotel early Friday morning received national coverage Monday morning when the story was featured on ABC Television’s “Good Morning America.”
The circumstances leading to the damage at the Holiday Inn Express in Aberdeen were hardly a new phenomenon, as similar incidents have been reported around the country since at least 2009, according to the report on “Good Morning America,” which referred to the article published Friday morning on http://www.exploreharford.com.
According to a notice of investigation from the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, a guest at the Holiday Inn Express in the 1000 block of Beards Hill Road was contacted by a website http://www.pranku.net “and was told a gas leak had occurred in the hotel and was subsequently coaxed into breaking off the hotel room sprinkler heard with the toilet bowl cover, causing water to flow into eight rooms and the floor below.”
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.