Top

Visayan Daily Star

January 24, 2012 by staff 

Visayan Daily Star, The Philippine Foreign Affairs Ministry is working to repatriate the bodies of three Filipinos who were killed after a seven-story building collapsed in Ashrafieh, Beirut, last week, GMA Network news online reported Friday.

“DFA will repatriate them ASAP [as soon as possible]. We are now doing the preparations for their immediate repatriation,” Foreign Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raul Hernandez told the online website in a text message.

The three were identified as Mary Ann Daavatos, Lucy Bombales, and Juvelyn Corcon.

The online edition of the Visayan Daily Star said that Daavatos would not receive benefits from the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration because she was not registered as a worker in Lebanon, although she had been working in the country or three years.

Twenty-seven people were killed and nearly 40 were injured when the Fassouh building collapsed Jan. 15. Lebanese Interior Minister Marwan Charbel confirmed Tuesday that among the dead were 16 foreign nationals.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom