November 10, 2010 by USA Post
Usmc Birthday, It’s the birthday of the Marine Corps, and in celebration, why not teach your children about the history of the News and others about this incredible military organization, including its origins, its involvement in Toys for Tots, and the stars who served in the Corps. Semper Fi!
Did you know that?
* The Marine Corps was first called the Continental Marines.
* They were formed on November 10, 1775.
* Their motto is “The few, the proud.”
* And it is true – they represent less than 11 percent of U.S. armed forces.
* Unfortunately, they represented almost a quarter of those killed in the recent war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
* Toys for Tots were launched by Major Bill Hendricks and a group of Marine reservists in 1947, when they distributed toys to 5,000 needy children in Los Angeles at the request of Bill’s wife, Diane.
* Today will include a cake to celebrate many Marines. The oldest Marine takes the first bit of the cake, it gives younger.
* Facebook has been a trend status in recent days that says “Say a prayer for” Darkhorse “3rd Battalion 5th Marines and their families. They are fighting in Afghanistan and have lost 9 marines in 4 days. Please pass this newsletter. ”
* Famous Marines, many of them fathers, including the late writer Art Buchwald, baseball manager Dusty Baker, “Price is Right” host Drew Carey, political strategist James Carville, “M * A * S * H” actor Mike Farrell, actor Scott Glen, the late TV personality Ed McMahon, pro wrestler Randy Orton, evangalist Pat Robertson, “Patton” star George C. Scott and television host Montel Williams Day and Steve Wilkos.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on