Two Sent To Hospital After World’s Hottest Chilli Contest
October 9, 2011 by staff
Emergency services were called to the restaurant in St Leonard Street Kismot after the competition began vomiting weak, and writhe on the floor in agony.
The competition consists of people who eat the “Killer Kismot” curry. One participant Curie Kim – pronounced curry – it was so bad after trying to eat the curry which was taken to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary twice in a matter of hours.
The restaurant’s website insists all participants sign a disclaimer before taking part in the competition, which raises money for children’s charity CHAS Scot.
Today, the Scottish Ambulance Service said it wanted the restaurant to check how it handled the case.
“We urge the organizers to review the way they handled this event in the future to avoid another situation where emergency ambulances are required to treat their customers,” said a spokesman for the Scottish Ambulance Service .
In previous years, the murderer has left people with nosebleeds Kismot and an elderly man who need to go to the hospital.
Kim, 21, Korean exchange student at the University of Edinburgh, came second in the competition, but admitted that the award “comes with a price.”
“I’ve always enjoyed spicy food and thought it was for a good cause. However, at a price that had to be taken to the ERI twice,” said Kim.
“The first time I went to the hospital around 4 pm and the second time was at 9 pm. It was very bad. I’ve never suffered so much pain in my life.”
Beverly Jones of Newington, was crowned the winner of the competition, after successfully managing to finish nine tablespoons of the plate of chile
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.