Stylists Reveal Their Best Fashion Tips
March 28, 2012 by staff
Stylists Reveal Their Best Fashion Tips, Ever wonder how celebrities always manage to look so pulled together, whether they’re walking the red carpet or running to get coffee? No, they weren’t just born that way. They have a secret weapon: stylists who are armed with an arsenal of pointers and solutions for helping them look their best.
But you don’t have to be an A-lister to get the inside scoop on how to look fabulous. We asked stylists for their best advice on chic dressing, so that you can look like you were styled by the pros-even if the only event you’re dressing for is another day at the office.
1. Find a pair of heels that you love. “Wear a shoe with a heel-even if it’s a small one,” says Gail Ambeau, a fashion designer and stylist in Jackson, Mississippi, who hosts the “Fashion Forward” segment on Conversations LIVE! Radio.
2. Create your ideal shape. Yes, clothes alone can help you do that. If you have wide hips, give the impression of a smaller waist by finding a dress or top that wraps where you’re the slimmest, suggests Cellini.
3. Downplay your flaws. If you aren’t crazy about your legs, don’t draw attention to them by wearing light-colored pants or jeans with sanding or whiskering, says Cellini. Pale colors and details will immediately attract the eye.
4. Don’t be intimidated by shapewear. Today’s shapewear is much more body-friendly than older versions, promises Gray. No more pinching hooks and straps, or binding fabrics that leave you blue in the face.
5. Check out unexpected stores for great finds. For fun, trendy items-like scarves or chunky jewelry-head to the juniors department. You’ll find plenty of stylish accessories for a lot less than you would in the women’s department.
6. Stock up at end-of-season sales. No matter what will be trendy next fall, you’ll always need basic black T-shirts, which you’ll find on sale now, says Vest. Look for other winter staples, like wool pants, sweaters and outerwear at deep discounts, too.
7. Follow trends-to a point. Of course you don’t want to look frumpy, but there’s no reason to buy stylish clothes if they don’t flatter your figure or aren’t age-appropriate.
8. Spend where it counts. Don’t skimp on great-fitting staples that you’ll wear for years, urges Debbie Wright, a fashion and lifestyle consultant in Connecticut.
9. Shop for your size. Many women buy clothes that are just too big, hoping to hide their flaws, says Wright. In reality, loose-fitting clothing actually makes women appear larger, not smaller, because it deprives them of a shape.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.