Top

Sandusky Charged 40 Counts

November 19, 2011 by staff 

Sandusky Charged 40 Counts, The charity founded by former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky is planning to shut down in the wake of the child sex abuse scandal that has rocked the charity and the university, the New York Times reported late Friday.

Second Mile, which works with at-risk youth in Pennsylvania, “is preparing to fold as it tries to reconstruct what it knew, and did, about any suspicions or allegations against Sandusky over the years,” the Times reported.

Sandusky has been charged with 40 counts of sexually abusing young boys, and a grand jury report alleges that he met eight of his victims through the charity. More alleged victims have come forward since the grand jury findings were released and several victims are planning civil lawsuits against Second Mile and Penn State.

Second Mile is planning to transfer many of its programs to other non-profit organizations, CEO David Woodle told the Times.

Sandusky and his attorney have denied the abuse allegations. In an interview with NBC News, Sandusky admitted showering and “horsing around” with the young boys but said they did not have inappropriate contact.

The scandal led to the firing of Penn State’s revered head coach, Joe Paterno, last week after accusations that he didn’t do enough to tell authorities of a 2002 complaint. Thousands of students rioted in response to his firing, then hurried to show solidarity for victims of child abuse. President Barack Obama called the case “heartbreaking” and a time for soul-searching for all in the U.S.

Second Mile was also confronted with sexual abuse allegations against Sandusky in 2002 and again in 2008.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom