Sacha Baren Cohen Actor
October 13, 2011 by staff
The comedian is famous for creating comedy characters Ali G, Borat and Bruno – and between their alter-egos that has pulled pranks on stars like David Beckham, Eminem and Paula Abdul.
Cohen, who is married to actress Isla Fisher, keeps his personal life private, but there is no hiding your big day.
On the occasion of Cohen 40, WENN has collected 10 fascinating facts about the star. Happy birthday, Sacha!
- Born in London in 1971, Cohen was raised in a Jewish family and attended the prestigious University of Cambridge in the UK.
- Before finding fame as a comedian, Cohen worked as a model and appeared in several fashion magazines.
- He rose to fame in his native Britain in 2000 with the cult series Da Ali G Show. His character parody interviewed stars like David Beckham as football and his wife Victoria, property tycoon Donald Trump and astronaut Buzz Aldrin.
- Cohen is a big fan of professional wrestling and is friends with WWE wrestler John Cena.
- Comedian is the proud owner of a Golden Globe – which won the Best Actor of 2007 in a Musical or Comedy for his portrayal of Borat, a Kazakh journalist parody.
- Cohen surprised viewers of the MTV Movie Awards 2009 by dressing as a camp Austrian fashion journalist Bruno and fall from the roof of the seat in the lap of Eminem. The rapper stormed out – but the trick is later revealed as a joke.
- As Ali G, Cohen appeared in Madonna’s music video for hit music – played a limousine driver in the promotion. Also delivered the 2004 Class Day at Harvard University.
- Cohen married his long term partner Isla Fisher in a small private Jewish ceremony in Paris, France last year (10). The couple has two daughters.
- The actor was the first choice to host the Academy Awards 2010, but bosses thought it was too much of a “wild card” and gave him a standing reserve Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.
- Cohen will play the late Queen singer Freddie Mercury in a biopic of 2012, and the rocker of his bandmate Brian May has given the actor his seal of approval.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.