Rolf Harris Trial

June 3, 2014 by staff 

Rolf Harris Trial, Australian entertainer Rolf Harris has been accused of deliberately lying to the jury after the emergence of new evidence at his trial in London on charges of indecent assault.

The jury was played a video on Monday, which had surfaced since the trial began, of Harris taking part as a team captain in a celebrity show, Star Games, in Cambridge in 1978.

One of the complainants in the case alleges Harris assaulted her in the city in the 1970s at a celebrity event, but the defendant previously told the court he first visited Cambridge only about four years ago.

Harris denies indecently assaulting four girls in the UK between 1968 and 1986.

Prosecutor Sasha Wass QC said the footage proved Harris was lying when he said he had not been to Cambridge until recently.

“That was a deliberate lie, wasn’t it?” Ms Wass asked the artist and singer.

Harris replied: “No … a lapse of memory.”

The 84-year-old said he had no memory of the event until he saw the video and did not know he was in Cambridge at the time.

Ms Wass appeared incredulous, asking: “You didn’t know where you were?”

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.