Robert Wood, Jr. Found Alive

October 29, 2011 by staff 

Robert Wood, Jr. Found Alive, The search for Robbie Wood Jr. has ended. The 8-year-old who suffers from autism, was found alive, lying in a stream bed west of a quarry owned by Martin Marietta. It was about three quarters of a mile from where he was last seen Sunday at the end of a path in the Park North Anna Battlefield in Hanover County.

Tonight, their parents, Barbara Locker and Mr. Robert Wood, offered his thanks to those involved in bringing your child home safely. Captain Michael J. Bermudez’s Office Hanover County Sheriff agrees with the observations obtained by Ann Buckley, public information officer at the VCU Medical Center. After its discovery, the boy was taken to hospital Richmond.

“He is here and safe,” said the mother of Robert. “Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts. Thanks for the search. He is a little strong boy. At this time, my family thanks you for respecting our privacy.”

“On behalf of the family of Robbie Wood, I would like to express our thanks to all who have had us in their thoughts and prayers to all the volunteers who have donated time, effort and other valuable resources, and finally Our local, state and federal police, fire and rescue. “added his father.

“The support we have received is amazing, and we would like the name of all the list is too large, but please know that we know who you are! I would like to thank the media for their continued coverage, as well as their respect for our privacy, “Wood said father.

“Robert is a very strong and determined child. He never lost hope that he would return home safely,” he continued. “The family has been here every hour, and has participated in the pursuit of 200 percent. Thank you all so much… Robert is at home!”

In a press conference to announce that the child had been found, Colonel David R. Hines, Hanover County sheriff, said it was a group of more than 6,000 volunteers had joined the search on Tuesday that he found Robert.

The area where it was found had been searched before, not sure how much time Robert had been there.

“I am sure that in the pursuit of that area before walking next to him,” said Hines. “We had been told by some of the experts advising us that we find lying in a fetal position, and I think that was the case.”

Caroline County Sheriff Tony Lippa was one of the first authorities to confirm that Robert had been found.

“He is in good condition,” Lippa said.

Lippa said Robert was being flown by helicopter to VCU Medical Center for examination and treatment of any injury.

An initial report at the hospital found that he was there and is being evaluated. It was described as being in good condition.

The search has been aided by helicopters, dogs and water equipment for search and rescue to continue working throughout the North Anna River.

Dominion Virginia Power has restricted water flow in the river, reducing the depth somewhere or in inches, feet, allowing dive teams to cross the river in many places.

Robert was visiting the park on Sunday with his father, brother and father’s girlfriend when he walked away.

The distress call was received at 14:45

“The search for Robert is over,” Hines said, “but research continues into the incident.”

“We still believe he is alive and will continue searching until we find Robert,” Trice said again and again as the search for six days seemed endless.

Today, all the wishes and prayers for finding him alive were answered.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.