October 19, 2010 by Post Team
Robert Reed, Florence Henderson has really had an emotional couple of weeks on “Dancing With the Stars.” Two weeks ago, collapsed while practicing her dance “Sound of Music” theme, dedicated to her late husband. And last night, while practicing for the evening of TV theme in a performance put in charge of “Brady” son Barry Williams, remembered his former “Brady Bunch” co-star, Robert Reed, who died 18 years ago.
Reed, of course, played the perfect father of the perfect mom Brady Brady Henderson. In honor of them, here are five things about Reed you may not know or remember:
1. His real name was John Robert Rietz.
2. His first television series was not “Brady,” which was “The Defenders” during the 1960′s.
3. As a classically trained actor of Shakespeare, Reed was part of Mike Brady in the series of fool was completely beneath him.
4. Unlike his character, Reed had only one real-life son, a daughter who actually guest starred on a “Brady” episode.
5. He died of cancer in 1992, but he also suffered from AIDS. It was one of the biggest Hollywood names associated with the disease, and unfortunately lived a life locked up, although most of his “Brady” family knew he was gay.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.