River Phoenix Drug Overdose
March 9, 2012 by staff
River Phoenix Drug Overdose, Actor River Phoenix passed away on October 31, 1993. He was 23 years old. River was reported to have died of a lethal drug overdose of heroin and cocaine, the combination of which is often referred to as a speedball shot.
The Los Angeles County coroner’s office stated his cause of death as an acute multiple drug ingestion. It was reported in the media that an acquaintance administered him the speedball after which he collapsed. The coroner’s office, however, said in a statement to the press that the investigations into Phoenix’s death found no evidence of a foul play. The investigator claimed “no foul play was involved,” the New York Times reported.
According to the media reports, Phoenix’s autopsy showed no needle marks through which the speedball might have been injected. The spokesperson for the coroner’s office said: “There were no needle marks. Maybe it was ingested, maybe it was inhaled. How it was introduced into his body is unknown.”
Following the investigation reports, the County Coroner’s office and the examiner said: “No evidence of foul play is suspected by them at this point in their investigation. So with that in mind, we determined this to be an accidental death.”
River’s death at the young age of 23 outside of Los Angeles nightclub The Viper Room sent shockwaves across the globe. Friends, family, colleagues and fans were shocked that that young actor, whose career was on the rise, would die so shockingly. River’s younger brother Joaquin dialed 911 after the actor was collapsed and convulsing on the sidewalk for a reported eight minutes.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.