Ricky Gervais Golden Globes
November 29, 2011 by staff
The British comedian said his third time hosting the annual Hollywood awards ceremony in January 2012 would definitely be his last.
But he is aiming to go out with a bang. “They must be mad. Not sure if I’m flattered that they trust me or insulted that they trust me. Either way…they shouldn’t trust me,” Gervais said in a statement on Thursday.
The caustic creator of TV mockumentary “The Office” last year insulted Golden Globe organizers with jokes about bribes and took shots Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie’s critically-panned movie “The Tourist” that was up for a Golden Globe nomination.
Many of the jokes in the televised broadcast fell flat with the gala audience of A-list stars. The president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which hosts the event, said afterward that Gervais would not return.
“I don’t think anyone had the right to be offended but they were. This year I’m going to make sure their offense is completely justified,” Gervais said on his blog on Thursday.
He asked fans to pass on their “favorite targets for the monologue.”
After Golden Globe organizers announced he’d be back one day earlier, Gervais wasted little time in tweaking more ribs in Hollywood. He posted a Twitter message saying that he told Oscars host, comedian Billy Crystal: “He’d better not use any of my holocaust or pedophile material” at the Academy Awards ceremony in February 2012.
Gervais also gloated over being invited back again, saying it was a tough decision for him because “I was worried that I couldn’t improve on last year.”
“What actually tipped the balance and made me say yes, was the fact that it would shut up all those…idiots who said that I’d never be invited back,” he wrote on his blog.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.