‘Rescue Me’ Donates Items To Smithsonian For 9/11 Anniversary
February 20, 2012 by staff
‘Rescue Me’ Donates Items To Smithsonian For 9/11 Anniversary, Actor Denis Leary announces the donation of props, including bunker gear, from his television show, “Rescue Me,” to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History.
Denis Leary donated props, costumes and other objects from his TV series “Rescue Me” to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History on Thursday because of the show’s connection to New York City firefighters after Sept. 11.
Leary’s firefighter costume, helmet and tools are the first items included in the museum’s entertainment collection relating to 9/11 as the 10th anniversary approaches. The FX firehouse drama is about firefighters dealing with the grief of losing friends and relatives at ground zero.
The show would have been impossible without help from New York firefighters to help the cast create fire scenes, learn their humor and see their work, Leary said.
“The thing that was attractive to me was brave men and what they do,” Leary told The Associated Press, recalling how he created the show after his cousin died on duty as a firefighter and how he had admired the firehouse culture that helped them carry on amid tragedy.
Leary also knew firefighters who were at ground zero on Sept. 11. About a year after the attacks, he and co-creator Peter Tolan moved forward with the idea of a firehouse drama.
‘Glee’ star braces for graduation
“Glee” star Chris Colfer is having a mixed week, earning an Emmy nomination but facing his character’s eventual graduation from high school and the show.
Colfer received his second Emmy nod Thursday for his “Glee” role as Kurt Hummel. The day before, a report said he and co-stars Corey Monteith and Lea Michele will leave the Fox series after the coming third season.
Colfer said he doesn’t think any cast member wants to exit so soon but they accept that their characters can’t stick around high school forever. As Colfer said: “Kids grow up. They move on.”
Hatch fights prison sentence
Rhode Island reality TV star Richard Hatch is asking a federal appeals court to throw out a nine-month prison sentence handed down earlier this year for failing to pay taxes on the $1 million he won on the first season of the hit CBS show “Survivor.”
In a brief filed on Thursday in the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Hatch says the lower court overlooked several factors in finding that he violated the terms of his supervised release by failing to file amended tax returns for 2000 and 2001.
Hatch also argues the sentence imposed in March is unreasonable and exceeds prosecutors’ recommendations by three months.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.