Top

Rapper Big Sean

October 27, 2011 by staff 

Rapper Big Sean, There were no screaming fans and no paparazzi flashbulb-popping in Lewiston Town Court late Wednesday.

Seen more as a college student Ivy League, khaki pants, a buttoned shirt, vest and shoes on boats, a Detroit rapper, Sean Michael Anderson, came in with only their lawyers, the defendant and what appeared to be a couple of family members.

The MTV VMA 2011 nominated for best new artist rap, better known as “Big Sean” was willing to make an agreement with Niagara County prosecutors in a case of sexual abuse arising from an incident after a concert at Artpark State Park August.

Anderson. 23, and a friend, Willie Hansbro, had been accused of every power play, second degree and unlawful detention of third-degree sexual abuse of a 17-year-old told police she was she was sexually assaulted during a concert in which Anderson was performing with rapper Wiz Khalifa.

Hansbro Anderson pleaded guilty to one count of second degree unlawful imprisonment.

“This was a fair resolution to the victims, which allowed us to obtain a criminal conviction and an acceptance of responsibility for what happened that night,” said Deputy District Attorney Holly Sloma. “This will allow the victim to go forward, which is what you do.”

Sloma and Assistant District Attorney Elizabeth Donatello said the victim in the case had accepted the plea agreement.

The only thing Hansbro Anderson said during the trial was brief, “Guilty.” When Lewiston Town Justice Hugh Gee asked how they pleaded to the charge of illegal detention. Gee resigned from a pre-sentence investigation and a fine of 750 for the pair and each of their pleas.

Both Anderson and Hansbro immediately paid the fines.

“I hope you understand his lawyers did a good job on your behalf,” Gee said the rapper and his friend. “And that will be more careful about what to do in the future.”

Anderson did not comment to a reporter Gazette after conviction.

In a written statement, his lawyer from New York headquarters in the city, Scott Leemon, said: “After further investigation, the Office of the Niagara County District Attorney decided not to follow any of the sexual misconduct charges against Mr. Anderson. ”

“As a result, in order to set this whole ordeal behind him, Mr. Anderson agrees to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge,” the statement said. “Mr. Anderson regrets any misunderstanding that occurred that day, but reiterates that it participated in any sexual misconduct.”

The prosecution did not disclose what happened to the victim, other than to say that she was “chosen from the crowd (live) by (Anderson) security staff and taken back stage.”

Sloma said the allegations of the criminal complaint filed by the New York State Park Police “were of a sexual nature and illegal detention.”

“(The victim) did not seek (Anderson and Hansbro) attention,” said Donatello.

Both prosecutors praised the work of Park Police officers and investigators.

“This was an investigation of sexual assault,” Sloma said. “And would have gone well if the matter had been resolved to the satisfaction of the victim.”

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom