R. Embroiled Dover Mortuary

March 3, 2012 by staff 

R. Embroiled Dover Mortuary, An official at the center of the scandal at the Dover Air Force Base mortuary in Delaware, Quinton R. Keel, has left his job, Air Force officials said on Friday morning.

Air Force officials would not say whether Mr. Keel, the former mortuary director, had been fired or had resigned, citing privacy rules. But Mr. Keel, a civilian, was one of three top officials who knew that the mortuary had lost body parts of two American service members but did nothing to correct sloppy practices at the facility, the Air Force said in an investigation released last fall.

Mr. Keel’s departure from his job was first reported by The Washington Post on its Web site on Friday morning.

The Air Force demoted Mr. Keel last year and moved him to a lesser job at Dover, although not in the mortuary. However, the Office of Special Counsel, an independent agency that handles whistle-blower complaints, said last year in its own investigation of the scandal that Mr. Keel, along with the two other officials, should have been fired.

Mr. Keel, the Office of Special Counsel asserted, repeatedly tried to cover up mistakes in the handling of remains and misrepresented his role in several important decisions. He also tried to fire two of the whistle-blowers after becoming aware of the investigation, but superiors overruled him, officials in the Office of Special Counsel said.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.