Puppy Swallows Flag Pole

October 1, 2011 by USA Post 

Puppy Swallows Flag PolePuppy Swallows Flag Pole, Pit Bull puppies 8 weeks old, chewing live again after ingestion of a 15-inch metal garden flagpole, reported.  The puppy, known as Blue, was rushed to the Rehm Animal Clinic at Hillcrest, Alabama for their owners, who did not speak to FOX10.

Veterinarians said the owners had tried to take the message of the blue throat, but her gag reflex is not allowed, and only made the message deeper into your stomach.

“Blue panting. He was agitated … I could not breathe,” said Dr. Chris Rehm, who operated on blue.

Rehm said the operation took about 90 minutes, and feared that the 15-pound puppy was not going to be able to withstand the damage caused by the post. Tongs were used to break a pole piece 15 inches, which prevented the dog from the ingestion of the whole thing.

“If I had swallowed. I would have died,” said Rehm.

Rehm said it was likely that the blue youth and strength that enabled him to tolerate surgery so intense.

Blue suffered a lot of bruises on the inside of the stomach, but luckily there were no perforations. Now, blue is with antibiotics and resting comfortably.

“Once it healed, it’s good to go. He’s already eating again, and in fact, I bet you’re willing to swallow anything,” said Rehm.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.