February 24, 2012 by staff
Pink Eyeshadow, I’m still on a bit of a quest to stay away from brown eyeshadow all the time so I decided to use a bit of pink today. I don’t use these kind of shades enough but I actually really love soft baby pink eyeshadow – it’s a great colour for grey eyes in particular. I amped it up a bit here with some mauve and plum and lots of black liner.
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation #120
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NW20
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl
MAC Harmony Blush for contouring
MAC Mineralize Blush in Gentle
Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder
Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in Starlit Pink
MAC eyeshadows in Seedy Pearl, Shale, Shadowy Lady,
Vellum & Vanilla
Clinique Cream Liner
Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
Elise half lashes
MAC Dirty Blonde Pencil & Omega eyeshadow on brows
Topshop Lipstick in Show Off
1. Apply a pink base to the eyelid. I used Clinique’s Cream Shadow in Starlit Pink.
2. Use a flat brush like the MAC 242 to press MAC Seedy Pearl eyeshadow onto the lid.
3. Blend MAC Shale eyeshadow into the crease with a 217 brush.
4. Run some of that Shale under the lower lash line using the tip of a flat brush. I used the 242 again.
5. On a slightly pointed brush, apply MAC Shadowy Lady eyeshadow about halfway into the crease and blend some onto the outer corner too. The brush in the photo is by Louise Young but it didn’t pack on enough colour so I used the Laura Mercier crease brush after. If you have small eyes you could use a pencil brush for this too.
6. Take some Shadowy Lady underneath the eye too – just on the outer third of the lower lash line.
7. On a small pencil brush like the MAC 219, apply some MAC Vellum eyeshadow onto the tear duct area.
8. Blend an eyeshadow which is a shade lighter than your skin tone under the brow as a highlight and to soften the edges of the crease colour. I used MAC Vanilla on a 222 brush for this.
9. Line the top lash line with a black gel/cream liner and wing it out at the end. You can have a look at my winged liner tutorial here. I used Clinique’s Cream Liner on a Louise Young LY24 brush.
10. Apply the gel liner along the waterline. Line the outer third of the lower lash line with the gel liner too and before it has time to dry smudge it out with a q-tip to soften it. I went back and added a bit more Shale eyeshadow under the eye at this point too. Now just apply mascara and add false lashes if you wish. I added some half lashes by Elise. ………That’s it!
My hair has been quite dry lately so If anyone knows some really great conditioning products then please do leave your recommendations in the comments! It would be very helpful! I’m thinking Morrocanoil may be a good option.
Hope anyone in Canada had a good Canada day on the 1st. Oh and a happy 4th July (tomorrow) to everyone in the US!
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.