Pimm S Cup
October 11, 2010 by staff
Pimm S Cup, Pimm is a trademark of cups of fruit, but can also be considered liquor. It was first released in 1823 by James Pimm and is owned by Diageo in 2006. The most popular product is Pimm’s number one in football.
Pimm was first produced in 1823 by James Pimm, the son of a farmer in Kent, who became the owner of the Oyster Bar in the city of London near the Bank of England. Pimm offers tonic (gin-based drink containing quinine and a secret blend of herbs) as an aid to digestion, serving in a small circle known as the “No. 1 Cup”, hence the name later. Pimm began mass production in 1851 to keep pace with sales of other bars. The plant began selling commercially in 1859 by bicycle vendors. In 1865, Pimm sold the business and the right to use his name Frederick Sawyer. In 1880 the business was bought by the future mayor of London Horace Davis and Oyster House chain was Pimm franchise in 1887.
For many years, Pimm expanded its range, using a variety of other spirits as bases for new “cups.” In 1851, the number 2, Pimm and Pimm’s Cup No. 3 of the Cup have been introduced. After World War II, Pimm’s No. 4 Cup was invented, and then the number 5, Pimm and Pimm’s Cup at No. 6 of the Cup in 1960. In 1946, traffic jams have been replaced by a twist-off caps.
Brenda fell from grace in 1970 and 1980. Oyster House chain has been sold and products Pimm’s Cup No. 2 to 5 was discontinued in due to lower demand in 1970. In 2005, Pimm Pimm entered the Winter Cup, which consists of Pimms No 3 Cup (version based on the brandy) flavored with spices and orange peel. In 2006, Pimm the company’s brand was acquired by Diageo.
Modern advertising and the use of
Brand revival experienced after an advertising campaign of 2003 with the classic comic class Hooray Henry said Harry Fitzgibbon-Sims (played by Alexander Armstrong) with the phrase is Pimm per hour, some mocking their traditional advertising and appeal. 2010 campaign, Diageo, in particular, a greater variety of characters who represent various elements of the ccktail of Pimm’s (Pimm’s No. 1 being an Englishman in the red jacket and white lemonade out of three young women white color yellow, the ice is mature black man), bind, the classic British television, 1970 New Avengers.
Pimm is the most popular in the United Kingdom, particularly in the south of England. This is one of the two main drinks in Wimbledon, Henley Royal Regatta and the Glyndebourne Opera Festival, champagne and others. Pimm’s Cup, “and a standard ccktail in the U.S. and British polo parties know that”. This PimmsO’clock “, which means a good time to drink.
Pimm There are six products, all of which are fruit cups, glasses only No. 1, No. 3, No. 6 still available at this time. There was no significant difference between them is the base alcohol used in its production:
1. Pimm’s Cup No. 1 is based on a gin and can be served both on ice or in ccktails. It has a dark tea color with a reddish tinge, subtle flavor and spices and citrus fruits. Often taken with the “English style” (clear and soft drinks) beverages, as well as a variety of fresh, sliced, especially apples, cucumbers, oranges, lemons, strawberries and mint. Pimm also mixed with champagne (or sparkling white wine), is called “Royal Pimm’s Cup.” This is 25% alcohol by volume.
2. Or you can buy a premixed fortified lemonade (Pimm’s and lemonade) in 250 ml cans or bottles of 1 liter to 5.4%.
3. Pimm’s No. 2 Cup was based on Scotch whiskey. Discontinued.
4. No. 3 Pimm’s Cup is based on the brandy. Stages, but the version infused with spices and orange peel marketed as Pimm’s Winter Cup is now seasonally available.
5. Pimm’s No. 4 Cup was based on rum. Discontinued.
6. Pimm for the No. 5 Cup was based on the whiskey. Discontinued.
7. Pimm’s No. 6 Cup is based on vodka. He is still occurring, but in small quantities.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.