Pellet Stoves

January 9, 2010 by USA Post 

Pellet Stoves,Four people were forced from their home after a pellet stove fire late Thursday night.

The fire occurred in the 1900 block of LaForme Boulevard shortly before midnight on Thursday, Jan. 7.

Fire Chief Rob Girard said he was just clearing a sprinkler alarm at Revelstoke Mountain Resort when the call came in.

“Upon arrival to the residence I discovered residents which included a child huddled in blankets in the door way of the house which was filled smoke,” he said. “Fire Crews quickly extinguished the fire, removed the pellet stove to the front of the house for further overhaul and mechanically ventilated the residence of smoke.”

Girard took the residents of the home, which included a child huddled in blankets, into his car while waiting for the fire engine to arrive on scene. He also contacted Emergency Social Services to help the four occupants of the residence.

“The four occupants of the residence were awoke by the smoke detector and if they had not had a functioning smoke detector, this incident would have been a lot worse,” said Girard.

One occupant sustained injuries due to smoke inhalation and was brought to hospital. Two emergency social services volunteers helped the the remaining three occupants find temporary accommodation.

Girard said the fire resulted from not cleaning and maintaining the pellet stove. He said it was important to have your stove cleaned and inspected several times a season.

“If you’re not sure how to service your pellet stove, check the yellow pages and have a professional assist you,” he said.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.