November 23, 2011 by staff 

Paraphenylenediamine, A case of a mother-of-two has been capturing the attention of one and all, after it was told that the lady has slipped into come after applying dye from L’Oreal. The 38-year-old Julie McCabe had used the dye earlier also, but this is for the first time that she had experienced such reaction.

It was told that as soon as the lady started washing her hair at her home in Keighley, West Yorkshire, she started feeling breathless. Even she called her husband also after her condition got further bad.

“He rushed her to hospital and her heart stopped beating on the way. At A&E doctors cleared her airway and got her heart restarted but her brain was starved of oxygen for God knows how long”, said her father Keith Miller, 63, who is still in shock with what has happened to his daughter.

The doctors said that there are only 8% chances of her survival after she went into comma. The family is told to have maintained a bedside vigil already as there is not much hope left for the lady to recover.

There are fair chances that the chemical para-phenylenediamine, which is told to be present in most of the dyes would have been the cause of triggering the reaction. Moreover, the family has approached lawyers who are dealing in such cases so that such harmful chemicals are being banned with immediate effect.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.