July 9, 2011 by Post Team
Paige Duke, Paige Duke, the former Miss Sprint Cup he was fired from her job after n*de photos he took six years ago, recently surfaced on websites, is willing to tell her story to almost everyone in an effort to teach young women the consequences of such photographs taken. She also says he will not speak, or posing for, Play boy or other adult magazines. Over the past 18 months, 24 years old, graduated from Clemson was one of three representatives of Miss Sprint Cup, which acts as a face in victory lane and as an ambassador for NASCAR and Sprint.
Once the photos, the Duke said he sent her then-boyfriend, began to appear, Sprint officials informed her that she would no longer be part of the company.
“It’s the hardest thing I’ve been through,” Duke said in a telephone interview Friday. “I was desperate. I felt like I did not deserve anything good to happen to me. I was shocked.
“I did not know what was going to do. I did not know I would hire these photos out there. It was devastating. For about a week, it was very difficult. I did not leave the house. Finally, I decided I had to do something good of all this. … I cannot let these people win. I cannot have control of my life. ”
Duque said he would not let what happened make its decision next. The publicity and interest generated by the photos will not change its stance against posing n*de.
Play boy began following her Twitter Thursday.
“I’m not doing any kind of n*de photos,” he said. “It’s a moral thing, how I have raised. I know I will have to answer to God one day, and I do not want to answer for something.
“That’s why I realize what I did was wrong six years ago. There should have been doing that anyway for a boyfriend at the time. But I made a mistake, and I’ve made peace with him.”
She said posing for Play boy would be hypocritical.
“Last year, I was saying what I would do for a million dollars, I would not do Play boy – would be the most embarrassing thing for everyone to see me na**d and my grandparents have to see or hear about it “said Duke.
“I still would not. I’d get rid off any kind of story I’m trying to teach other girls: Do not take these photos if you do not want the world to see”
For Duke, the message comes too late. The photos, saying he had when he was 18, began appearing in a message board on the Internet last week.
“I mean to be an intimate moment between me and my boyfriend,” said Duke. “I was in love with him. I was naive. I wanted to be the object of his desire. I felt like I had to compete with other girls, and I thought it was the way to go.
“And now I realize how wrong I was. I realized a few years ago, even after we broke up. But I never thought I would come back and affect my work.”
Instead, he discovered the photos could have a negative impact after she told him that had arisen and alerted her bosses.
Duque said that violated a morality clause in its contract with Sprint, only issued a statement saying it was no longer with the program and wished him well.
“I regret what happened. … I’m sad it happened, and I personally am ashamed,” said Duke. “I hope the way I’m driving, will be a different kind of role model for girls to teach the lesson and take things forward and admit their mistakes.
“It’s hard for me. It took great courage [to speak]. I felt like it was something I had to do. I hope that I am not ashamed of Sprint. They are my family and I am sure it was a difficult decision.”
Duke said she does not feel as if I did anything to blacken the name of NASCAR.
“The whole situation is embarrassing in general, but do not think I brought any embarrassment to NASCAR or any [other],” said Duke.
She said her lawyers are investigating how the websites obtained and published the pictures and have achieved many of the deleted images.
“I’ll try to forgive these people,” said Duke. “You must live a sad life about people like this and be so cruel and heartless the way they were doing.
“They know this would ruin someone’s life intentionally putting it out there to say, ‘Look what I have.” … The words they were using [on message boards] and the way they were questioning my morals, I feel like I was out there to hurt me. Many had gone to Clemson, and I feel like some were doing it [because] people do not like seeing other people succeed. ”
The support of the fans – two Facebook support pages have been created for the Duke – as well as those in the NASCAR garage have been encouraging, he said.
Currently working in a vet’s office, the Duke said he would welcome the opportunity to return to NASCAR. She said she could work in the community, although he knows several people saw the photos. She does not care about what people will think of her and is grateful for the support of the fans.
“I would love to be in the sport,” he said. “Everyone is my family. … I have had the texts of the drivers, the texts of the pit crew members, people on computers that are like, ‘I miss you so and no one judges you.” “Everyone is more compassionate towards me. I can hold my head high.”
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.