Occupy Wall Street

November 3, 2011 by staff 

Occupy Wall Street, A protest that paralyzed the Port of Oakland to show the extent of enlargement Wall Street Occupy movement ended in violence when riot police detained dozens of protesters during the night they broke into an empty building, smashed the windows of the center, graffiti flames painted all along the way.

At least four protesters were hospitalized on Thursday with several injuries, including a need for stitches after fighting with an officer, police said. Several officers were injured, but did not require hospitalization.

“We went from having a peaceful movement that now only chaos,” said protester Monique Agnew, 40, early Thursday.

The protesters also hurled chunks of concrete, metal pipes, lit Roman candles and petrol bombs, police said.

The earliest movement of protesters challenge for the world’s economic systems and the distribution of wealth has gained momentum in recent weeks, capturing the attention of the world by closing one of the ports of the nation’s busiest shipping towards the end of one-day “general strike” led to solidarity rallies in the U.S.

Several thousand people gathered at the Port of Oakland, the fifth busiest port in a protest of nearly five hours Wednesday, a swarm of the area and blocking exits and streets with parked cars and hastily built, link chain-fences later.

The Port of Oakland reopened after Wall Street protesters took out a lock. Port officials say the workers are returning to their jobs and have resumed operations in part.

Advocates of New York, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and elsewhere staged demonstrations on a smaller scale. Each group said their protest was a show of support for the movement of Oakland, which became a meeting point when a veteran of the Iraq war was badly injured in a clash with police last week.

The biggest deal the movement has yet to join in an organized and close to the port had been limited largely dispersed marches, rallies and tents since it began in September.

Oakland organizers saw the strike and the closing of the port as a major victory. Police said about 7,000 people participated in demonstrations throughout the day was peaceful, except for some incidents of vandalism in local banks and companies.

Boots Riley, an organizer of the protest, considered the day a success and said “we set up an ideological principle that the media not to mention two months ago.”

His comments came before a group of protesters stormed the building earlier Travelers Aid to, as some demonstrators shouting said, “restore the building to the people.”

Riley, whose anti-capitalist views are well documented, closing ports considered particularly important for the organizers that the objective in an effort to stop the “flow of capital.”

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.