Top

Nato Libya Gadhafi

May 22, 2011 by staff 

Nato Libya GadhafiNato Libya Gadhafi, NATO expanded its campaign to weaken the regime of Muammar Gaddafi, with air strikes against command centers of the desert and sea patrols to intercept ships, the military alliance said Saturday, amid signs of growing public anger fuel shortages in the territory by the Government.  Early Sunday, NATO raids made new target of expanding heavily fortified Gaddafi in the capital Tripoli, said government spokesman, Ibrahim Osman. The spokesman said earlier that a NATO attack knocked the port, but later said the information was incorrect.

Osman said he believed four people were hit in the strike, but the extent of their injuries was not immediately clear. In the coastal city of Zawiya, crowds apparently angered by the reduction of fuel supplies tried to stab the journalists in a minibus on a tour of the State under the supervision of the Tunisian border. The journalists – a news correspondent for China and two Britons, a technician from the BBC and Reuters video production – were not damaged in the attack, the first of its kind aimed at foreign journalists covering the conflict Libya.

The assailants also attacked government officials accompanying the press – once unthinkable in Libya and a sign of growing frustration among residents struggle to cope with food prices and shortages of gasoline.

Gaddafi has remained defiant against the expansion of NATO attacks and international pressure to resign.

At the same time, however, NATO has been under increasing criticism that is exceeding the mandate of the Security Council, which provides for the protection of civilians, but not for broader attacks. The Pan African Parliament, the legislative body of the African Union plans an emergency meeting next week to discuss what he calls “military aggression” of NATO.

On Friday, NATO also struck a site near the capital and a center of command and control near Sebha, Gaddafi’s stronghold deep in the desert of southwestern Libya, said a NATO statement in Brussels. Three-surface missile launchers were affected air near the government-held town of Sirte, and three rocket launchers near the city Zinta rebels in the mountains south of Tripoli.

On Friday, NATO planes also bombed eight warships to Libya in three ports, leaving the partially charred wrecks and springs and shower with waste in the broadest military alliance attack on Gaddafi Navy.

NATO spokesman Wing Commander Mike Bracken said the vessels were “legitimate and lawful purposes” because the Libyan navy had tried to mine the harbor in the port Misrata rebels and tried to carry out attacks on shipping there.

Commander Forjani Al-Omran, head of Libya’s coast guard, claimed the target vessels were used to patrol Libyan waters of vessels with African migrants trying to make the perilous sea crossing to Europe and for search and rescue operations.

A working group of NATO has also risen 47 vessels – including one on Friday – and seven ships suspected of carrying weapons have been diverted from the naval operation began in mid-March.

The last ship to be addressed was identified as the MV Jupiter, NATO said Saturday. The tanker, which registration was not clear, was carrying petrol and was instructed not to go to Libya, “because he had reason to believe that was intended for military purposes,” said a NATO official.

“It is clear that NATO Gaddafi’s regime is diverting fuel their war machine,” said the official who could not be identified in the standing rules.

The attack on foreign journalists was held in his vehicle was caught in a traffic jam caused by the lines along miles of cars waiting for days for fuel, journalists said.

The men of the fuel line broke the door of the bus and went to the three journalists with a kitchen knife and brandished two pistols.

They demanded to know where the journalists were and accused them of shooting the gas line. The attackers cut the tires of the bus in an attempt to keep reporters away.

Several security agents in civilian clothes shot in the air around the bus to drive back the crowd. Another security man boarded the bus and driven to the attackers. The police took the bus to a nearby station for the safety of journalists.

Also Saturday, the rights group Amnesty International said hundreds of men have disappeared from Misrata, fulcrum of the rebels in western Libya. The London-based group said Libyan forces took the men in raids on homes, mosques and the front line, where some of them were fighting.

Amnesty staff, currently based in Misrata, cited the case of the family of el-Toumi. They said that during a house raid on 18 March, government forces seized seven brothers, two cousins?? And an uncle, who are still missing.

The human rights group said it interviewed a woman who said a soldier forced her to lift her dress. She said he touched her, but was silenced by his family after he did not want to draw attention to the case.

In Paris, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France said that four French nationals held by the rebel forces on suspicion of espionage Libya have been released and are now in Egypt.

The rebel forces in control of Libya arrested the four worked for a private security company on 12 May in Benghazi, Libya to the east as the basis for the rebel forces. A rebel commander at once accused them of spying. The fifth member of the group had died from injuries he suffered after being shot in the checkpoint.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom