Murdoch’s Son To Be Charged?
July 10, 2011 by staff
Murdoch’s Son To Be Charged?, For dogs of the press in Rupert Murdoch’s tabloid newspaper, News of the World, Saturday was their last day on which they will contribute to the publication of 168 years.
“I think it very sad day for the News of the World”, a former director, Andy Coulson, tells the AP. “Most important for the staff. They are brilliant in my mind, brightest.”
Son of Murdoch and Deputy CEO of News Corp., James Murdoch, made the promise on Thursday that the paper will publish its last edition on Sunday, saying that the publication had been corrupted by the practices of the bad news.
The announcement came amid a phone hacking scandal in which he had been the lead agency for access to home phones’ mobile, including a teenager disappeared, the families of soldiers killed in Afghanistan, and the families of victims the t*rror*sm attacks in London 2005.
The last issue is said to be a volume of the newspaper story. Its cover, left, says: “Thanks & Goodbye: After 168 years, finally say goodbye sad but very proud of our loyal readers 7.5 million.” The product of the last question goes to “good causes” as James said in a note on the closure.
A reported 200 journalists, who were given no notice, they will lose their jobs with the closure. However, they have been given the opportunity to apply to other companies within the News Corp.
“Obviously, this is a devastating day for all of us in the News of the World”, says Showbiz editor, Dan Wootton. “I’m very proud of my colleagues have continued this week in quite difficult and very personally and professionally in a professional manner under difficult circumstances.”
Apparently there was some bitterness in the seat by the fact that Rebecca Brooks – who was editor of the newspaper at the time held phone piracy and now an executive at News Corp. – keeps her job. Murdoch has said she has her “full” support.
“She’s the person that the ball must have left, and this will not stop until it goes away,” said Alastair Campbell, who served as secretary to former Prime Minister Tony Blair to press. “They can not protect her forever. People will lose their jobs because of what happened during their watch.”
Eighty-year-old Murdoch flew to London on Saturday to attend the phone hacking scandal and its consequences, which not only includes the closure of NOTW, but may jeopardize the company’s offer to take on BSkyB, the most the UK’s largest pay-TV broadcaster.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.