Minnesota State Fair
August 26, 2011 by USA Post
- Giant Sing: This is a participatory public art installation created by Montreal-based artist Mouna Andraos and Mongiat Melissa. A field microphone to welcome everyone to sing karaoke-style lungs to impact voting this year. A big screen will feature the lyrics of the song and nostalgia, and the software helps everyone to sing in unison. Will open daily 08 am-8 pm
- Wild West Puppies: Rescued from animal shelters across the country, these dogs to visitors in time with his comedy show trick border. The show is free with the State Fair entrance at noon, 3 pm and 6 pm every day.
- Show Flippenout Trampoline Extreme with world-class athletes performing stunts on a trampoline exciting, the program runs at noon, 3 pm and 6 pm every day.
- Lost Heroes Quilt Art: Artist Julie Feingold created the lost art of the quilt to honor heroes fallen Americans from the 9 / 11. At 15 feet wide and 5 feet tall, the quilt has been on a two-year trip around the U.S. and will be in Washington on September 11. It will show 9 am-9 pm every day.
- History and Cellular tourist route: This is a fun and interesting to learn about the history of the State Fair and explore every corner of the field. Those who complete the self-guided tour is offered a prize, while supplies last, in JV Bailey House and the stand of the Minnesota Historical Society on the first floor of the grandstand until 8 tour booklets are available in modules information and 13 of the tour stops. New this year, guests can listen to the sounds of the past shows a mobile phone tour by calling (877) 411-4123, while at the fair or home. The Minnesota State Fair Foundation and the Minnesota Historical Society present the tour.
Powerful features Midway rides, games of skill and awards, including the fireball, Rave and rides tango, all making their debut.
For children and families: Cars, Motorcycles & buggies, Daytona, walk the dog, wild pig, Fun House kiddie, turned the jungle and VW bugs, take kids on new adventures.
Adventure park, for the bravest adventurers: European Super Flyyy Maxxx offers four people at once the opportunity to experience this giant swing ride loop.
Percentage Simmental, and Lim-Flex ShorthornPlus are added to the category of open class beef judging.
Vegan main dishes have been added as a category of competition creative activities. Participants must use ingredients without animal products were scored on appearance, ease of preparation, flavor and texture.
Novel foods and suppliers
If you can put on a stick, you can eat at the fair. This year, the additions of food:
- Breakfast Lollipop, a sausage patty dipped in corn muffin dough, fried and served on a stick with a little maple syrup.
- Asian Fusion Tacos Carnitas, carnitas pork served in a flour tortilla topped with cabbage or spinach and a blend of cucumber, jalapeno pepper and red sauce and topped with Asia.
- Chocolate-covered jalapenos on a stick.
- Coushari rice with lentils, rice and lentils with the Holy Land sauce, served with a side of pasta or fried onions.
- Crab fritters, fried cookie dough, wrapping of fresh fruits, Jamaica flip chips, kebabs pizza on a stick, rib tips Southside
- Dessert Dirt, Oreo cookies, vanilla pudding, whipped cream, worms, cream cheese and rubbery.
- Yankee Grill & Sandwich Chocolate Apple Pie, Minnesota grown apples sautéed with spices and topped with chocolate, grilled brioche bread.
- Mexico Horchata, cold drink made from rice, almonds, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar.
- Northwoods Salad on a stick, mozzarella cheese, basil and grape tomatoes on a stick drizzled with sauce and served over a bed of wild rice salad Minnesota.
- Pretzel Dogs, hot dog pretzel dough baked, presented on a stick.
- Ice cream sweet corn, cream-based ice cream mixed with sweet beans and served in a cone with a selection of wild blueberry caramel topping and bacon.
- Razzie Cubs White on a stick, Belgian waffles with white chocolate baked inside, dipped in chocolate and black raspberry sauce.
- This year there are over 60 new vendors and exhibits, including: Elegance apron Barn & Garden Sloggers, artwork Actor Buck Taylor, Bye Bye Monster comforting products for children; Cashells (hand painted gifts hollow shell to fill with money cash); Eggplant Urban Farm Supply, sound activated equalizer shirts, I love bottle caps! Gifts and jewelry, jalapeno grills, the tent village idiot.
Other new items
- Military Appreciation Day August 30: Reduced admission for active military, retirees and veterans and their immediate families, and activities and special events.
- Minnesota State Fair Smartphone application, free, with a search of food, fun and Merch Finder search and entertainment and event programming.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.