Michael Secondhand Lions
June 27, 2011 by Post Team
Michael Secondhand Lions, The listings below are NOT casting notices but are intended to provide the best overview of current projects. The New York listings switch between Broadway Theater and a week of film and television the next. Unless otherwise stated, all contact with casting directors should be through email. Do not phone or visit the offices of casting directors. Broadway shows under the production contract for capital needed to conduct EPAs (principal auditions) once a year and the choir of the equity required every six months. An asterisk (*) indicates a date next hearing.
Compiled by Mark Dundas Wood
FEATURE: currently shooting
Death and Dr. Chang (e), a comedy spiritual, political and romantic dark. Directed by D.Q. Gladstone. Images in early summer. Principals and background: firstname.lastname@example.org. Especially finding a female, 30-40, 5 feet 6 inches or more, with comedic skills. Also looking for players of all races, their uniforms to play the police officers. Non-union projects, without paying.
So strong, so close, a film based on the novel by Jonathan Safran Foer. Directed by Stephen Daldry. Currently in recess, resumes date to be determined. With Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock. Directors: Mele Nagler, MelCap Casting, and 260 W. 44th St., 3rd Floor, New York 10036. Background: Grant Wilfley Casting, 123 W. 18th St., 8th floor, New York 10011.
Finchley dreams, a satirical comedy. Directed by Larry Charles. Filming in mid-August. Principals: No information available. Background: Grant Wilfley Casting, 123 W. 18th St., 8th floor, New York 10011.
* Lola Versus, a comedy about a young woman abandoned by her boyfriend two weeks before their wedding. Directed by Daryl Wein. Filming in mid-July. With Greta Gerwig, Orlando Bloom and Zoe Lister Jones. Directors: Chrystie Street Casting, 55 Chrystie St., Ste. 501, New York 10002. Background: Grant Wilfley Casting, 123 W. 18th St., 8th floor, New York 10011.
Men in Black III, another entry in the popular action franchise, this time related to time travel to 1969. Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld. Shooting continues until the end of June. With Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith and Josh Brolin. Directors: Ellen Chenoweth, c / o The Post Factory, 161 Avenue of the Americas, 11th Floor, New York 10013. Background: Grant Wilfley Casting, 123 W. 18th St., 8th floor, New York 10011.
The search agent Z, a thriller about a publisher who is transforming fiction into reality. Directed by Ryan Schmitz. Shooting from May to July (mostly Saturdays) in Brooklyn and Long Island, NY Directors: j.eagle27 @ gmail.com. Background: No information available. Pay as possible.
Syrup, a drama set against the backdrop of the beverage industry. Directed by Aram Rappaport. Shooting June 8th to July 10th. Principals: No further casting. Background: Kee Casting, P.O. Box 3175, Guttenberg, NJ 07093.
Upcoming films FUNCTION
After the wedding, a dramatic comedy micro-budget feature of a newlywed couple navigating the first year of marriage. Directed by Claudia Cifuentes. Filming in September in Miami Beach, Florida Director: email@example.com. The search for the following functions only: female, 27-31, Hispanic, attractive, good figure, simulated sex (no nudity), women, 34-39, Caucasian, attractive, free-spirited hippie waiter / vague the beach, partial nudity (to**ess beach scene). Background: Not casting. No pay.
Altar, an independent film. Directed by Scott M. Bosco. Shooting in the summer of 2011 in Florida. Directors: firstname.lastname@example.org. Seeking men 25-45, with sturdy construction worker, looks and long hair. Modeling / stage experience a plus, must be comfortable in a bathing suit. Meals, travel and lodging in addition to salary. Background: Not casting.
Gimme Shelter, a drama about a pregnant teenager who is rejected by her father. Directed by Ronald Krauss. Shooting June 9 to July 15. Vanessa Hudgens and Brendan Fraser. Principals: No further casting. Background: Sean Powers, email@example.com.
* New Gods Behaving badly, a role based on the book by Marie Phillips, the gods and goddesses of Greek mythology who live in the modern city of New York. Directed by Marc Turtletaub. Shot 16 for July-September 23. Principals: No information available. Background: Central Casting New York, 875 Sixth Avenue, and 15th Floor, New York 10001.
Mount Joy, a film about a rock band in the Amish country. Directed by Jack Lewars. Shooting July 9 to 24 and August 20-September 4 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and fund managers: Indie Films City, 86 S. Fourth St., # 4, Brooklyn, NY 11211, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Some pay. The search for local talent Pennsylvania.
Keith Alan Morris Untitled 2011 project, an epic feature live-action/CG-animated. Directed by Keith Alan Morris. Shooting this summer in New Orleans. Principals and background: CastingBrandedFilms@gmail.com. For more information, visit www.drivingthedead.com; password: dtdmakeuptest. Pay as possible.
Phil Spector biopic Untitled, a film for HBO. Directed by David Mamet. Shooting 05 July-August 11. With Al Pacino, Jeffrey Tambor, and Bette Midler. Principals: No information available. Background: Kee Casting, P.O. Box 3175, Guttenberg, NJ 07093.
Are We There Yet? A half-hour comedy for TBS about a blended family. Shooting until December 2011. With Terry Crews and Essence Atkins. Principals: No information available. Background: Central Casting New York, 875 Sixth Avenue, and 15th Floor, New York 10001.
Boardwalk Empire, a drama about Atlantic City on HBO. Shooting begins February 1 and continues through August. With Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, Kelly Macdonald and Michael Shannon. Principals: No information available. Background: Grant Wilfley Casting, 123 W. 18th St., 8th floor, New York 10011.
The Colbert Report, a program of half-hour comedy for Comedy Central. With Stephen Colbert. Production is underway. Directors: Barbara McNamara Casting, 249 W. 34th St., Ste. 500, New York 10001. Background: No information available.
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, a show of half-hour comedy for Comedy Central. Production is underway. Directors: Barbara McNamara Casting, 249 W. 34th St., Ste. 500, New York 10001. Background: No information available.
Girls, a half-hour comedy for HBO about a group of women in their 20 years of age. Shooting from April 18 to July 26. With Lena Dunham, Allison Williams Chris Eigeman and Alexi Wasser. Principals: No information available. Background: Central Casting New York, 875 Sixth Avenue, and 15th Floor, New York 10001.
* Gossip Girl again, a drama of one hour for the CW of high society girl, based on the novels by Cecily von Ziegesar. The filming of the new season begins July 7. With Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, Taylor Momsen, Ed Westwick, Matthew Settle, Kelly Rutherford and Jessica Szohr. Directors: Not confirmed. Background: Central Casting New York, 875 Sixth Avenue, and 15th Floor, New York 10001.
New York, New York, a pilot for a series about a young writer a waiter in a Jewish deli in New York. Directed by John Bodine. Filming is tentatively set to begin in August. Principals and background: HorseflyFilms@yahoo.com. Seeking men and women of all ages and ethnicities. For more information, visit www.myhorsefly.com.
* Person of new centers of interest, a one-hour drama for CBS lasting about an alleged crime fighting CIA agent killed in New York. Shooting begins in August. With Jim Caviezel. Directors: Mark Saks, 270 Lafayette St., Ste. 200, New York 10012. Background: No information available.
Royal Pains, a comedy by one hour for the USA Network about a doctor who treats the rich and fashionable. Shooting continues through October. Mark Feurstein. Principals: No information available. Background: Grant Wilfley Casting, 123 W. 18th St., 8th floor, New York 10011. AFTRA talent search fund.
* NEW Smash, a one-hour drama for NBC about mounting a Broadway musical. Shooting in the fall. With Jack Davenport, Anjelica Huston, Debra Messing, and Katharine McPhee. Directors: Bernie Telsey, Telsey + Company, 311 W. 43rd St., 10th floor, New York 10036. Background: No information available.
Therapeutics, a new drama thriller. Shot two days in 2011. Principals and background: Evelyn S. Oliver @ gmail.com or 41 sapphireproductions.oliver Schemerhorn St., # 134, Brooklyn, NY 11201. Include “therapeutic” in the subject or outside of the envelope. Only the main functions are seeking African American women, ages 30-60. Non-union project. No pay.
* Trumpet new time, a pilot comedy about time travel for Comedy Central. June 16 to 30 shots. Principals: No information available. Background: Central Casting New York, 875 Sixth Avenue, and 15th Floor, New York 10001.
Administrative, a drama about an hour a cheat and a FBI agent. Shoot through August 26. With Matthew Bomer, Tim DeKay, Tiffani Thiessen, Willie Garson, Marsha Thomason, and Sharif Atkins. Principals: No information available. Background: Central Casting New York, 875 Sixth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York 10001.
One Life to Live (ABC). Julie Madison (casting director), Victoria Visgilio (associate), Sheryl Baker-Fisher (assistant), 125 West End Avenue. 5 th floor, 10023 New York City. Send headshots and resumes or postcards only. Series ends in January 2012.
* NEW Burg, a web series. July 8 to 28 shots in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Principals and extras: email@example.com. The search for a Japanese family, consisting of grandparents (70 +), parents (35-40) and children (7-13). Extras can be all sizes and breeds. Especially in looking hipster. Some pay for lead roles.
Panda’s rays, an Internet comedy series about a group of friends trying to make it big in the music industry. Tentatively to continue July in New York and New Jersey. Principals and background: The Pandas Casting-rays, PO Box 476, Saddle River, NJ 07458-0476 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No pay.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.