Michael Jackson Tribute Concert
October 8, 2011 by staff
Michael Jackson Tribute Concert, While Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson, Gladys Knight, Leona Lewis, Cee Lo Green and more will take the stage on 8 October in Cardiff, Wales, the show suffered some setbacks over the road. The global live event faced criticism from the outset due to the coincidence of timing and lack of support of the entire Jackson clan. Although Katherine La Toya, Tito and Jackie Jackson have given their full support to the taxes (and be present during the show), siblings Janet, Jermaine and Randy Jackson has refused to actively participate in the festivities.
And that was just the beginning. Below is a list of trials and tribulations most notable about the event and what attendees can expect from the show itself.
1. Time poor: while Michael’s brothers are all happy to celebrate his legacy, Janet, Jermaine and Randy have voiced their dissatisfaction with the programming. Dr. Conrad Murray is on trial facing manslaughter charges in connection with the death of his brother.
When asked if he would deliver a performance of Michael during the show forever, Janet said: “For the trial, when this tribute to our brother would be too difficult for me.” Jermaine and Randy said: “While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that pays homage to our brother, we are unable to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding the death of Michael.”
Undeterred by the moment, three sons of Tito – 3T called – lend their vocal style to the program. Katherine’s mother said the concert is “exactly the way Michael had wanted to be remembered.” Michael’s three children will also attend.
2. Black Eyed Peas Output: After announcing that emotion will join the lineup of the series, peas withdrew at the last minute due to “unavoidable circumstances.” It is still unclear exactly what circumstances arose suddenly.
“We all have Michael as much,” will.i.am has said before. “The Black Eyed Peas do not miss the Millennium Stadium for this concert.”
3. KISS factor: angry Organizers initially loyal fans of Michael Kiss rockers invite to appear on the program after opening the singer Gene Simmons has spoken to Michael as a known pedophile. “We listened to the fans of Michael and we are grateful to have been alerted to these unfortunate statements,” said Chris Hunt, director of Global Live Events.
Kiss was quickly removed from the list of artists.
4. Poor ticket sales: As of Friday afternoon, Hunt said ticket sales were going “very well”, with 40,000 already sold. The catch? Millennium Stadium has a capacity of 50,000 – that’s 10,000 tickets sold on the eve of the performance.
“I think it is easy to underestimate this,” he continued. “I think it will be an extremely emotional night.”
Clearly anticipating increased demand, the organizers had initially declared that fans seeking tickets entered into a draw, after randomly selected individuals would be given the opportunity to purchase tickets.
5. Facebook Flop: Aside from high cost (over 100 and ticket), maybe the sales were lower than expected due to the promise of Milyoni stream live throughout the show through Facebook and less than 5 viewer. Unfortunately, the social networking site, is the first live pay-per-event was canceled at the last minute.
“Due to legal problems brought by record companies who own the rights to songs by Michael Jackson, who have been notified by the concert promoters worldwide live events and entertainment Ridgeline the live broadcast of the concert in honor of Michael always has been canceled “said the statement.
All fans who pre-purchase access to the live broadcast will be returned for credit or Pay Pal Facebook.
Despite the setbacks, the fans can expect some impressive names from line 08 of October. Apart from the mentioned artists, Jamie Foxx will host, while Jennifer Hudson, Ne-Yo, Alien Ant Farm, Alexandra Burke, JLS, diversity and Craig David are called to play. Beyonce (and her baby’s tummy) is scheduled to make an appearance via satellite during the program, too.
Meanwhile, Murray will enter the third week of his criminal trial on Monday, October 10 in Los Angeles.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.