Meg Ryan 50
November 19, 2011 by staff
Meg Ryan 50, Former American sweetheart Meg Ryan might not be the star she once was when she was breaking our hearts in classic romantic comedies like When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless In Seattle but there’s no doubt she deserves her place in Hollywood history.
Nowadays, she’s more famous for her private life and her romances than she is for film roles, but she has already amassed some iconic characters including orgasm-faking Sally Albright (When Harry Met Sally), Annie Reed (Sleepless in Seattle), Alice Green (When a Man Loves a Woman) and Kathleen Kelly (You’ve Got Mail).
Away from the big screen, she’s a mum of two, the former wife of Dennis Quaid and rocker John Mellencamp’s current squeeze.
And now she is turning 50 on Saturday (19Nov11), it’s time to salute magical Meg.
Here’s 10 things you may not have known about Ms. Ryan:
- She provided the voice for Russian royal Anastasia in the hit 1997 animated film about the Russian royal.
- She has played Kate, Catherine, Katharine or Kathleen in five movies, Maggie in three.
- Savage Garden’s song All Around Me is a tribute to her, inspired by songwriter Daniel Jones’ celebrity crush.
- She shares a birthday with Jodie Foster.
- She was offered the role of Clarice Starling in the movie The Silence of the Lambs, but the part eventually went to Jodie Foster.
- She has starred alongside Tom Hanks or ex-husband Dennis Quaid in six movies – Sleepless in Seattle, Joe Versus the Volcano, You’ve Got Mail, Innerspace, D.O.A and Flesh & Bone.
- Meg Ryan is an anagram of ‘Germany’.
- She has played Candice Bergen’s daughter twice, in Rich & Famous and The Women.
- She has an asteroid named after her – 8353 Megryan.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.