Massacre Suspect Held In Solitary
March 17, 2012 by staff
Massacre Suspect Held In Solitary, The US soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians in a massacre has been named as Staff Sergeant Robert Bales. The soldier had served three combat tours in Iraq, and was on his first deployment to Afghanistan. He has now arrived at a maximum security military prison in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, where he will be held in a solitary cell.
“Staff Sergeant Robert Bales was transferred to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Bales is being held in pre-trial confinement,” the Army said in a statement.
Bales allegedly left his base in the southern province of Kandahar before sunrise Sunday, entered an Afghan village and opened fire, killing men, women and children.
The incident has plunged US-Afghan relations into the deepest crisis since the 2001 US-led invasion. He is expected to face justice under U.S. military rules, but it is not clear where any trial would take place.
The Pentagon has previously said that he could face charges that carry a possible death penalty.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.