Top

Liege Grenade Attack

December 13, 2011 by staff 

Liege Grenade Attack, Belgian news organizations are reporting that two people have been killed and at least 10 wounded Tuesday in a hand grenade attack in the eastern Belgian city of Liege.
Belgian media reported that one of the two dead was believed to be the assailant, a man believed to be about 40 years old.

New reports said that at about 12:30 local time (6:30 a.m. ET) the man lobbed several grenades at a bus shelter in Place Saint-Lambert, a busy downtown square. They said witnesses reported four explosions and gun fire. Phone calls to Liege authorities were not immediately answered.

Belgium’s VRT television network spoke with an unidentified man who was wounded in the attack and who said “someone threw grenades and fired shots.”

Police were on the scene quickly and sealed off the square. TV images showed blood splattered across the cobblestones.

Valerie Schaaps, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office, confirmed there had been explosions and gunfire, and that there were injuries.

The daily La Meuse reported that the attacker had killed himself.

Place Saint-Lambert is a busy crossroads: every day 1800 buses serve the square, which leads to downtown shopping streets.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom