Jobs That Allow You To Travel
February 8, 2012 by staff
Jobs That Allow You To Travel, I know tons of people who’ve read and raved about “4 hour work week” – amusingly NONE of them are doing that.
I’ve traveled/worked a lot (mostly around the US).
- Software: you can code from anywhere with a connection and work-from-home-gigs aren’t that hard to find. This is what I currently do… pays well and you literally never need to leave the house for some gigs.
- Medical: EMT’s, Paramedics and especially nurses can find work almost anywhere (ski towns! – one of the few “real” jobs). I was an EMT for a while… only problem is different states have different requirements (highly regulated)
- Restaurants: I was a chef for a while – you can work pretty much anywhere. Waiters at high-end restaurants clean up to the tune of $400+/night – not bad for a job that starts at 4 and ends at 11.
- Do an internet startup – be your own boss (working on that now).
- Outdoor education – depending on what/where you want to go (kayaking, sailing, NOLS, skiing)… pay is usually crap (except for skiing where you can get great tips).
- ESL Instructor (English as a second language) – you can work anywhere in the world (including places that speak English).
- Get a degree if you want to leave the US – you can get pretty far in the US without a degree (I have) but virtually every country requires a degree for a visa… if you have won it makes doing most of the above in, say, New Zealand, easy-peasy.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.