Israel Embassy Attack

September 11, 2011 by staff 

Israel Embassy AttackIsrael Embassy Attack, An attack on the embassy of Israel in the Egyptian capital, which killed three people injured and 1,000 were convicted of world leaders yesterday.
A mob stormed the embassy has the documents and dumped out the windows, while hundreds more demonstrated outside, causing the ambassador and his family to leave the country.

The unrest was a worsening of the already deteriorating ties between Israel and Egypt after Hosni Mubarak.
Yesterday, David Cameron said he strongly condemned the attack, while the U.S. urged Egypt to protect the embassy.

This despite the Egyptian police do almost no attempt to intervene with the crowd.
They fire shots into the air and use tear gas, but hundreds of people shot down a security fence of the embassy with sledgehammers and their bare hands
Later, about 30 protesters broke into the building along the Nile high altitude where the embassy.
Just before midnight, the demonstrators came to a room in one of the lower floors of the embassy at the top of the building and began dumping-Hebrew documents from windows, said an Egyptian security official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

In Jerusalem, an Israeli official confirmed that the embassy had been attacked, saying it appeared the group arrived at a waiting room on the ground floor. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information.

The ambassador of Israel, Yitzhak Levanon, family and other embassy staff rushed to Cairo airport and left in Israel’s military aircraft, airport officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak with the media.

Israeli officials declined to comment on the departure of the ambassador. No one answered the phone at the embassy on Friday night.
Six Israelis were trapped inside the embassy, but later Egyptian commandos stormed the building and freed them.
Egypt has also put its police force in the state of alert after the slaughter, which has further worsened the already deteriorating relations between Israel and post-Mubarak Egypt.
Israel has grown increasingly concerned for their safety as violent protests brought the “Arab spring” in the Middle East.
Having enjoyed good relations with Egypt, Hosni Mubarak, low, but uprisings in other Arab nations have raised the possibility of new threats to their borders.

Since the fall of Mubarak – who worked closely with the Israelis – in February, relations have worsened between the two countries. Increased anger last month after Israeli forces in response to cross-border attack by militants killed five policemen by mistake near the Egyptian border.

Several large demonstrations have taken place outside the embassy in recent months without any serious incident.
A senior Israeli official denounced the attack on its embassy as a “blow to the peaceful relations.”

He said: “The Egyptian government, ultimately, acted to rescue our people is remarkable and we are grateful.

“But what happened is a blow to peaceful relations and, of course, a gross violation of accepted diplomatic conduct between sovereign states.”

On Friday, the Egyptians celebrated their first major demonstrations in a month against the country’s military rulers, with thousands gathering in Cairo and other cities. Alongside these meetings, a crowd gathered outside the building of the Embassy of Israel.
That quickly became a crowd beating the graffiti-covered wall with hammers and pulling security large sections of the barrier of concrete and metal, which was made recently by the Egyptian authorities to better protect the site of the protests.
For the second time in less than a month, protesters were able to reach the top of the building and pull down the flag of Israel. They replaced it with the Egyptian flag.

A crowd outside the building photographed documents that led to the ground and published some of them online.

Sayid Mustafa said he was among the demonstrators who stormed the embassy. Showed a cell phone reporter said recorded video inside the young men looting the room.

The group entered the building through a window on the third floor and up the stairs to the embassy. They worked for hours to break through three doors to enter the embassy, said the man with 28 years of age. There were three Israelis and beat one of them.
Several Egyptian military police appeared and escorted the Israeli security, but did not attempt to apprehend any of the protesters, who then went on to dump the files from the windows, he said.

“They have roles in us, that collect information on us, so it’s fair to share information about them,” he said.

It was not until several hours after the Egyptian police and military forces were mobilized with tear gas to try to disperse the demonstrators around the embassy. At that time, the young crowd had grown to several thousand. The demonstrators were cleared from inside the building, but had there above ground, throwing firebombs at the forces and setting fire to several police vehicles.

The army moved some 20 tanks and troop transport trucks in the area. State radio reported that one person died of a heart attack. About 450 people were injured, including 200 that had to be hospitalized, the Health Ministry.

In Washington, President Barack Obama said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the U.S. was acting at all levels “to resolve the situation.
‘Great concern’ Obama expressed concern about the situation, said the White House.

Senior Israeli officials were in talks about the violation of the embassy. Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in a statement that also spoke to his U.S. counterpart, Leon Panetta, and appealed to him to do everything possible to protect the embassy.

The demonstrations against Israel coincided with rising discontent among the Egyptians with the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, which seized control of the country when Mubarak was deported on February 11 after nearly three decades in power.

Thousands mass on Friday in Tahrir Square, Cairo, and in the cities of Alexandria, Suez and elsewhere. Protesters in Cairo also gathered at the state television building, a central court and the Ministry of Interior, a hated symbol of the abuses committed by police and security forces under Mubarak. Protesters covered one of the doors of ministry with the graffiti and ripped part of the board of great ministry.
Seven months after the popular uprising that Mubarak took power, the Egyptians are pressing for a list of changes, including more transparent trials of former regime figures accused of corruption and a clear timetable for the parliamentary elections.

The activists accuse the council, headed by Mubarak’s defense minister, Marshal Hussein Tantawi field, to remain too close to the Mubarak regime and the practice of repressive policies in a similar way, as abuse of detainees. The trials of thousands of civilians in military courts have angered activists.

“In the beginning we find the military, since it says that the guards of the revolution, but month after month nothing has changed,” said Dr. Ghada Nimr, one of those who gathered in Tahrir Square

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.