‘In Living Color’ Returning Next Year
October 29, 2011 by staff
‘In Living Color’ Returning Next Year, How random is this: Fox has announced that “In Living Color” will return to television in 2012 with two half-hour special next spring. The original cast will not return, so expect to see a new set of actors (and characters) come next year.
As if that was not worthy of the two stops away, Keenen Ivory Wayans returns to host and executive producer of the show, as it did in the 90′s.
No word yet if the Fly Girls will be part of the series, but let’s face it – it’s actually “In Living Color” Fly Girls without?
Now granted, we will never probably see a new “In Living Color” episode with Jim Carrey and Jamie Foxx anymore, but if we lived in a perfect world, here are five classic characters of the series that I would see again:
1) Homey D. Clown: Probably the most emblematic of all the “In Living Color”, characters, there are plenty of things going on in the year 2011 to Homey be annoying.
Remember how Homey always talked about the white man keeps you down? Can you imagine hanging out at Wall Street Occupy Homey, frustrated because “the man” fired him?
Practically writes itself.
2) Wanda: ugly as all get out, Wanda was a funny character who was always alien to it … eh … “Robust” appearance. Always scaring men away before she could get into their clutches, Wanda even made us laugh our side hurt.
3) Handi Man: This character, played by Damon Wayans, is where “In Living Color” begins to show us how really different from the 1990′s were. This kind of comedy became strained in the 90′s, and while living in the era of “South Park” and “Family Guy” I do not think a clear representation of disabled persons (or comedy) would go well in 2011 .
4) Benita Butrell: Because only require rollers in her hair and an insatiable desire for gossip, Benita is a character that could quickly be resurrected by a cameo in the spring of Kim Wayans. And if Kim is not available, Benita always be given to another actress as part of a tribute to the original character we all remember.
Just do not say nothing ’bout Miss Jenkins.
5) Fire Chief Bill: Jim Carrey is now a huge movie star, you forget that you are often considered “the funny guy white” in “In Living Color”. White or not, Jim was really fun every week, and Fire Chief Bill was probably his most iconic.
Do not believe me? Well … let me tell you something!
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.