Heath Ledger DEA Investigation

March 9, 2012 by staff 

Heath Ledger DEA Investigation, Actor Heath Ledger died after overdosing on a ccktail of six prescription drugs that included painkillers and anti-anxiety medication, the New York City medical examiner’s office ruled today.

“Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine,” medical examiner’s spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

According to the medical examiner’s office, Ledger took “prescribed therapeutic doses … or less” of each medication he ingested. However, the medications were not meant to be taken together. The cumulative effect was that the actor’s brain stem function that controls breathing was impaired and Ledger “fell asleep and never woke up.”

The Drug Enforcement Administration confirmed to ABC News that they have launched an investigation into how Ledger obtained the six drugs found in his body. According to an official, the DEA has requested copies of Ledger’s autopsy as well as the original police report from the crime scene.

“It would be inconceivable that one doctor would give one patient all of those medications,” ABC News medical editor Dr. Tim Johnson said.

Ledger’s father, Kim, released a statement saying that “today’s results put an end to speculation.” Since the actor’s death, his family has vehemently denied rumors that his death was anything but accidental.

“While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy,” Kim Ledger said. “Heath’s accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage.”

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.