February 9, 2011 by staff
Fixodent Lawsuit, Mark Jacoby did not know why his body was failing. The symptoms gradually, “said construction worker 41-year old York, Pennsylvania
“I started having tingling in your fingertips. And then it started to happen in my toes,” he told ABC’s 20/20 news anchor Chris Cuomo, who is the Head of Law & Justice Unit. ‘I began to weaken and, you know, I could not walk straight, balance and so I am now. ” Jacoby, who now uses a wheelchair, said his doctors searched for years for the cause of his debilitating neurological disease that robbed him of his independence. Doctors eventually linked his illness to high levels of zinc mineral in his body. Jacoby, who has worn dentures for 20 years, said he was leaving his cream prosthesis, Fixodent, which contains zinc. “I can almost guarantee you that it was the Fixodent,” said Jacoby. “It is soaked in your body and mess with the nerves.”
Similarly, 48 years, Anne Coffman Maine said she was a major user of Fixodent because of ill-fitting dentures, and after three years her body felt different. “I started having numbness in my toes. I was not sure so I do not do something in the first instance,” Cuomo said Coffman. Then he began more than two feet, then … up to my knees. ” After numerous tests painful, she was diagnosed with zinc poisoning, a condition in which high levels of zinc interfere with the absorption of copper from the body, which can lead to serious and irreversible neurological problems.
[Fixodent] is the only product I’ve never used that had zinc in it, “said Coffman.
Coffman is now in a wheelchair and struggles with everyday tasks because of weakness in hands and arms.
A popular denture cream can be hazardous to your health, according to an ABC News investigative report. Accordingly, a class action lawsuit was filed against Proctor & Gamble, manufacturers of Fixodent, claiming that their product has caused serious, if not catastrophic questions to some of their customers.
Chris Cuomo of ABC 20/20 News interviewed two former clients Fixodent involved in this trial. Mark Jacoby, 41, of York, Pennsylvania and 48 years, Anne Coffman Maine are both wheelchair due to neurological disease that doctors have described as “a disorder with high levels of zinc mineral” or zinc poisoning, which interferes with the body’s absorption of copper. Both of these patients and their doctors believe their health problems were caused by zinc in Fixodent.
However, ABC News discovered that at the time of examination, Shay was a paid consultant for Proctor & Gamble. In fact, ABC News has obtained exclusive information that states Shay asked the authors to “water down the results of the study.” And in e-mail, he said: “Please be cautious because, as a critic, I’m not supposed to be the passage of an unpublished ma**script around.”
Warning users that “prolonged zinc intake may be linked to adverse health effects” finally published the study in 2009, which is when Proctor & Gamble updated its warning label.
“I do not know if you can put a value on my health or anyone else for that matter,” Coffman said Cuomo. “I’d rather see [the decision] right out of the zinc product … or take the right product from the market. ”
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.