Fire In Fireplace

December 25, 2011 by staff 

Fire In FireplaceFire In Fireplace, No injuries were reported in a chimney fire at a Winfield residence Friday morning. According to Capt. Stuart Cassaboom of the Winfield Fire Department, the alarm was received at 8:18 a.m. Friday for a chimney fire in a single-family dwelling at 2104 Simpson St. Two residents, whose names were not released, were inside the house at the time.

According to Cassaboom, a male resident noticed the fire was not burning correctly in the fireplace, and smoke was coming from between the mortar joints in the chimney and called 911.

The fire was under control by 8:40 that morning. Firefighters remained on the scene until 9:50 a.m. to make sure the fire was out and had not extended into the second floor or attic, said Cassaboom. The fire was contained to the chimney and did not cause damage to the rest of the house.

The Arkansas City Fire Department sent automatic aid, and mutual aid was requested from the Burden and Udall Fire Departments; however, the aid was disregarded before it arrived.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.