Enfamil Infant Formula Recalled By Wal-Mart, Tested For Bacteria
December 27, 2011 by staff
Enfamil Infant Formula Recalled By Wal-Mart, Tested For Bacteria, Mead Johnson Nutrition said Sunday that another batch of tests done on its Enfamil Premium Newborn powdered infant formula found no trace of the bacteria tied to the death of a Missouri baby.
Preliminary hospital tests indicated 10-day-old Avery Cornett died Dec. 18 of a rare infection caused by bacteria known as Cronobacter sakazakii.
The source of the bacteria hasn’t been determined, but it can be found in powdered formula.
Avery had consumed Enfamil Newborn formula. He died Dec. 18 after getting sick several days earlier. His parents bought their formula from a local Walmart in Lebanon, a southern Missouri town 160 miles southwest of St. Louis along Interstate 44.
National retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Walgreen Co., Kroger Co. and Safeway, which owns Dominick’s, and Supervalu Inc., which owns Jewel-Osco, have since pulled a batch of the powdered infant formula from their shelves.
They removed 12.5-ounce cans of Enfamil Newborn with the lot number ZP1K7G from stores as a precaution until federal health officials complete tests on the formula.
The federal Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Missouri Department of Health are investigating Avery’s death.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.