Easy Pumpkin Carving Patterns
October 24, 2011 by staff
Easy Pumpkin Carving Patterns, Pumpkin carving is one of the best parts of Halloween, because the patterns help to create that effect mansion fear. But carving a pumpkin is not easy. Here are some tips pumpkin carving pattern, the Masters of the pumpkin that you can ensure that your home is more formidable on the block this Halloween season.
The choice of a pumpkin for carving
- Choose a pumpkin that is not bruised, preferably one that is about the size and shape of your design.
- Choose one that is smooth and uniform in color, for the design clearly transfers.
- The pumpkin you select must have a flat bottom to sit upright.
- Never choose pumpkins with mold around the stem. Could be decaying.
- To avoid breaking a pumpkin, do not lead by his mother.
- When picking pumpkins for children, choose bright colors, smooth pumpkins because they are easier to carve, but not last as long.
Here are some tips to help you carve the perfect Halloween Jack-o’-lantern this year:
- Draw a circle on the bottom of your pumpkin.
- Carefully cut along the lines with the mountain carving.
- The angle of the blade toward the center of the pumpkin to create a border that supports the workpiece to cut and remove.
Cleaning and scraping of a Pumpkin
- Clean the seeds and strings.
- Remove the pulp inside the area is going to carve the pumpkin until the wall is about an inch thick.
Placement and transfer of a pattern
- Cut out the pattern, leaving a rim of a half inch around the design before recording the pattern of your pumpkin.
- Ensure that the model fits perfectly with small pleats in black cut lines, then fold the tape in place.
- Punch holes through the pattern with a nail, pin or pumpkin poker. Make the holes about an eighth of an inch away, and keep those holes, if you have a complicated pattern.
- Remove the pattern when the lines are transferred.
- Rub the flour or chalk dust all over the pumpkin where you got the holes so you can see better.
- Push a nail through the pumpkin skin you want to start your size.
The sawing of pumpkin
- Keep the pumpkin in your lap and hold the saw as if holding a pencil. He saw steadily with continuous up and down movement.
- Saw a 90 degree angle to the pumpkin with a gentle pressure.
- When making curves, you need just a little to turn the saw. When you’re at the point of making corners, remove the saw and re-insert at an angle.
- To remove the pieces, push it out from the inside. Cut the larger pieces into smaller pieces and remove them in sections.
The preservation of the pumpkin
- Apply petroleum jelly to the edges of their height to prevent the pumpkin from drying out.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin with water, cover with plastic wrap and then store in refrigerator when not in the screen. This helps to prevent premature decomposition.
- Dip or spray the pumpkin with water mixed with a little bleach, as it is kept away from the mold and kill insects for a while, and preservation.
- If the pumpkin is showing signs of wilting, soak in water for several hours. When removed from water, dry the inside with a towel as much as possible to prevent mold growth.
- Use pumpkin lights as these are safer than candles. If you do use candles, used in a chandelier designed for lighting pumpkins.
- Light the candle and place it in aluminum foil inside the pumpkin. Put the pumpkin lid for a while, then remove it. There should be a smoke mark on it.
- Cut an opening in the lid where the smoke mark shows.
- If you have created an opening in the bottom of the pumpkin, then you can connect the light source in the lower lid and place the pumpkin on top. If the source of light of a candle, you can also make a hole to secure the sail and provide greater stability.
- For a multicolor display, you can use a battery with light (LED) light emitting diode bulbs.
- That the odor of spices Halloween, you can sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin spice on the underside of the lid of the pumpkin. Once the pumpkin is lit, it emits the smell of the season.
- You can cast shadows on the back of the pumpkin carving a unique pattern.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.