Don Harmon Meteorologist Died

November 30, 2011 by staff

Don Harmon Meteorologist Died, Don Harman, the longtime morning meteorologist at WDAF in Kansas City, died yesterday.

Sources say Harman’s death was a suicide, although the station has not yet announced an official cause of death. The 12-year veteran of the station was on the air as recently as yesterday.

Before WDAF’s Karli Ritter delivered the weather report on this morning’s newscast, anchors Mark Alford and Loren Halifax read a statement similar to what the station posted on Facebook early this morning.

“We know many of you have questions,” the statement reads. “We appreciate your concern, and we consider you our friends. But please remember that family comes first. We’re honoring that right now, and we ask that you join us in that. Please bear with us for a little while longer.”

NewsBlues reports that WDAF is holding back an official announcement on Harman’s death until his father is contacted.

There has been an outpouring of well-wishes from Kansas City viewers on Facebook and Twitter, but on-air talent has so far avoided a direct mention of Harman’s death online.

“Fox 4 lost a great member of our family today,” reporter Eric Burke wrote on Twitter, directing followers to the statement on WDAF’s Facebook page.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

7 Responses to “Don Harmon Meteorologist Died”

1. Meghan Robinson on November 30th, 2011 8:46 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone at the station and especially his wife and family. Don brightend my day when I watched him do the weather, he was a great man I’m sure of even though I didnt know him. I know the mourning of a friend/husband/son is all terrible. I hope Don is at peace with whatever he was struggling with. I only say this as a person suffering from depression.

2. David walker on December 1st, 2011 3:12 am

Don harmon will be missed.He is a great guy and channel 4 wont be the same with out him!!! Best wishes to his family!!!

3. Glenda Pritchett on December 1st, 2011 8:23 am

we will miss him allot so sorry he is gone simpathy to his wife and kids. and all his coworkers. Rumers will not bring him back nor will the way he passed. the way he passed should be between his family and close friends. Speculation of suicide will do nothing but hurt the family and friends of Don and his children. Leavve it alone. its none of our business. Just pray for the family, And leave them to thier grief. thats the best thing you could do for them

Send money to the tv station for his kids education, if you want to help.

4. ed johnson on December 1st, 2011 10:31 am

I watched Don grow into a very talent savy meteroligist,i consider him part of my familey that i had every morning since he showed up.Was’t sure how he would do but he was the best and the future of k.c. meterology,rest in peace and my prayers go out to all his familey,co workers and all the true fans that wll keep him in there hearts forever!luv u 4 evert lebron

5. Stacey Wilmes Clay on December 1st, 2011 11:39 am

May Don Rest In Peace and may he and his loved ones find peace and comfort in God’s Loving Embrace at this time and always. So sorry for your loss. Don will be greatly missed by many.

6. Ken Wheatley on December 3rd, 2011 1:05 pm

To say I am in shock would be an understatement. My heart goes out to his family. I disagree that somehow the act of suicide is something to be ashamed of and hidden. Depression is an illness that can kill. Many suffer in silence for fear of ridicule for good reason. Maybe this will shine a spotlight on this silent killer and help those who need it most.

7. roger gadberry on December 3rd, 2011 9:37 pm

i’m devastated about don harman 8 months ago or so he sent me his photo with his autograph!

Which i have in my photo album i’m really going to miss him on fox 4 i don’t think don harman can be replaced!

I feel really bad for his family and everyone on fox 4 news.