Dick Clark 2011
December 31, 2011 by staff
Dick Clark 2011, Dick Clark will be back this year for his 40th appearance on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.” According to the New York Times, the 82-year-old Clark has played a much smaller role on the annual segment since his stroke in 2004, but is still considered synonymous with the holiday.
ABC is celebrating the milestone with a special six-hour broadcast of this year’s “Rockin’ Eve,” the longest broadcast ever. This year, the broadcast will begin at 8 p.m. on Saturday and is scheduled to include a tribute to Clark and the show he created.
“It’s our way of looking back on 40 years,” said Mark Shapiro, chief executive of Dick Clark Productions.
Shapiro said he hopes the two-hour expansion will be a permanent one, and is not an indicator that Clark is leaving the show. When asked if 2011 would be his last year hosting “Rockin’ Eve,” Clark told the New York Times via e-mail, “I hope not.”
Clark’s tenure on the show was called into question in 2004 when he suffered a stroke, and Ryan Seacrest stepped in to help host. Seacrest has remained a fixture on the holiday special ever since, while Clark’s health continues to have some worried. The New York Times noted that the New Year’s icon missed a couple of numbers in the countdown in 2009.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.