Top

Desiree Phillips Paracetamol

December 15, 2011 by staff 

Desiree Phillips Paracetamol, The family of a young woman who died after accidentally taking “a few extra” paracetamol, are warning others about taking the painkiller.

Desiree Phillips, 20, from south Wales, took the over-the-counter drug to cope with pain after an operation to remove non-cancerous lumps from her breast.

The single mum died from severe liver damage after taking extra paracetamol tablets over two-weeks.

Her family say they now want to prevent further tragedies.

Her grandad, Des Phillips, said: “I think she must have been taking a few extra tablets than the recommended eight a day.

“She seemed fine to us, then out of the blue her boyfriend found her stretched out on the sofa and he rang an ambulance. We never thought she would die.”

Desiree, from Llanelli, was rushed to hospital where surgeons gave her a liver transplant but she died at Birmingham Queen Elizabeth hospital on August 26.

“People don’t realise – they think an extra two (paracetamol) won’t harm, that extra two over a period of time can harm your liver if you keep taking that over two to three weeks,” Mr Phillips added.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom