Costa Concordia Lawsuit

January 24, 2012 by staff 

Costa Concordia Lawsuit, Survivors of the Costa Concordia tragedy have been offered an ‘insulting’ 30 per cent discount on their next cruise amid claims the operator is trying to stave off an expensive lawsuit.

Victims of the Italian disaster, which has so far claimed 13 lives with at least 19 passengers still missing, have received phone calls from Costa staff offering the deal alongside refunds.

They were also understood to have been asked if they were suffering nightmares, sleepless nights and needed counselling.

It is believed that the firm is trying to reduce the damage from an impending lawsuit, which could cost it more than £100million in compensation .

So far, 100 passengers have joined a class action suit to be filed against owners Carnival Cruises in Miami, Florida. Each is said to be demanding between £100,000 and £1million.

But other victims may yet take legal action – with the offer of a discount prompting even more anger among those on board the Concordia, which capsized off the island of Griglio ten days ago.

Brian Page, 63, a retired accountant from Southampton, who survived by sliding from one side of the deck to another to find a lifeboat, told The Telegraph: ‘It is a ridiculous and insulting offer.

‘I’m very disappointed in them.They are not accepting their responsibilities at all. Our only back-up is separate legal action.’

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.