Copa De Oro 2011
June 27, 2011 by staff
Copa De Oro 2011, Mexico won the final of the 2011 Gold Cup to the United States (2-4) in a match that began with a acertadi’sima U.S. team, but where the box ended up imposing Aztec coming from behind and scoring four goals, also displaying a dynamic game , colorful and effective, which serves the combined trained “hump” of the Tower to raise his sixth title and get in passing the bill for the 2013 Confederations Cup to be held in Brazil.
The initial thrust to the reaction Mexican American, United States, which emerged strongly from the first minute, was ahead with two goals from Michael Bradley and Donovan shortly after passing the 20-minute match and seemed to make things too complicated to Mexico.
But shrink away from the group led by de la Torre put on fatigues and showed its best after a little hesitation in the two games prior to this final. Quickly catching up on a goal by Pablo Barrera before the break and managed to get the tables with a bit of Guardado.
In the second part, again the hammer Barrera and a goal by Dos Santos sealed the Aztec victory and sixth title in the list of winners of this competition.
While it is true that last year was particularly painful for Americans that defeat 5-0 in the end, this, which arrived in the mood for revenge, not only confirmed the dominance of the Mexican side in the CONCACAF confederation.
After the match, the United striker “Chicharito” Hernandez was awarded the Golden Boot as top scorer in the competition, scoring seven goals in six games, and the title of Player of the Tournament.
A tournament of great emotions
Despite the dominance of U.S. and Mexican became clear again, we had some welcome news and information for the story. I’m not going to slow down to a summary of the tournament, for that they are the previous entries on-track competition and will only briefly.
Mexico, which ended the tournament with full of victories, only one match was decided in overtime, from the beginning was the favorite, and even more after seeing his performance in the group stage, where he spent over all rivals. In the decisive moments, knew how to pull the office when some parties will be complicated, and that combination has been the key to success. There is no discussion about the fairness of the title.
Selections seemed to be fighting to get into the final of the tournament, such as Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras and even Jamaica, eventually succumbing to the dominance of the two giants of CONCACAF and had to settle for having given us some wonderful moments in the tournament -and here I especially remember the Panamanian and Jamaican teams.
Conclusions of the tournament
With the completion of the competition, I leave five times to highlight and remember, that have accompanied us during all these days.
1. Chicharito and his marriage to the goal, which has continued for a few weeks and Manchester United striker and nobody can argue with their level.
2. The stunning departure of the very young Joel Campbell (Costa Rica) against Cuba, scoring one goal and leaving one of the plays that most struck me in the competition. Few minutes, but the young striker Tico and warned us of what we can do.
3. The Jamaican game, which at times was brilliant and had no reward, but we did enjoy in the group stage and left us some of the prettiest goals of the tournament.
4. The selection of Honduras, who said the low sensitive to coming to the tournament and came close to an upset against Mexico in the semifinals.
5. The bright and bold proposal selections much lower as Cuba, Grenada and Guadeloupe, which is never locked and even if they paid dearly, we could see games made open and many goals.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.