Top

Connecticut House Fire

December 28, 2011 by staff 

Connecticut House FireConnecticut House Fire, The deadly fire that roared through a stately Victorian home in Connecticut near the water early Christmas morning has been tinged with heart-wrenching details. A mother’s screams outside the home, with her parents and three young daughters trapped behind a wall of flames as firefighters were unable to rescue the doomed occupants.

A grandfather’s futile attempt to save one granddaughter, hours after fulfilling a life’s dream: dressing as Santa at one of New York’s most famous department stores.

And, finally, a preliminary finding that the fire was caused by embers discarded from a fireplace that warmed the home on Christmas Eve.

The revelations have added a grim dimension to a tragedy whose simple facts were painful enough: Five people killed in a single-family home in Stamford. The owner, Madonna Badger, an advertising executive in Manhattan, survived the fire, as did Michael Borcina, a contractor who had worked on the home and whom the police have described as a family friend.

Ms. Badger’s parents, Lomer and Pauline Johnson, and her three daughters, Lily, 9, and Grace and Sarah, 7-year-old twins, were all killed.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom