Casey Anthony Trial Today
June 18, 2011 by USA Post
Casey Anthony Trial Today, On her third day to call forensic experts in the trial for first-degree murder, the team of Casey Anthony defense called Dr. Guillermo Rodriguez in the stand this morning, a forensic expert to rebut the evidence that Caylee Anthony was smothered by tape placed over the nose and mouth.
Rodriguez, a forensic anthropologist with the U.S. Department Office of Defense Armed Forces Medical Examiner, said it would be impossible to determine the exact position of the tape on a cadaver.
The tape can change over time as it loses its viscosity, and may have been moved by animals that were in contact with the two-year-old body.
Casey Anthony is accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
She pleaded not guilty and faces the death penalty if convicted.
Rodriguez’s testimony came after Casey Anthony “surprise witness” became an embarrassment for the defense Friday when the witness held a press conference outside the court and said he knew the family of Anthony.
Defense attorney Jose Baez Basque previously included Thompson, a convicted kidnapper as a surprise last minute addition to his list of witnesses changed earlier this week.
Thompson said that Baez and Casey Anthony’s father, George Anthony, shared a series of telephone conversations the previous day was reported missing two years, Caylee Anthony to the authorities in July 2008.
Mad Anthony George issued a statement through his lawyer earlier this week denied those claims.
“I have no idea who George Anthony,” said Thompson. “The phone number I have, I did not have that number until February 2009. I do not know why I dragged this mess.”
Baez never said what the connection to Thompson’s case might have been, but has accused George Anthony to help rid the body of Caylee after she drowned in the family pool.
It is unlikely that Baez is now called Thompson to the witness stand.
Thompson spoke hours before a fight broke out between people who queued all night for a coveted seat at the murder trial, which led to the courthouse in Orange County to change its current rules for those seeking admission to the trial.
Since the trial began, those who hope to obtain a legal drama Anthony vision are aligned during the night by one of the 58 seats reserved for members of the public.
The fight of the night was not the first time seeking admission have gotten into a fight. Other skirmishes have occurred in recent weeks, but none has this violent.
On Thursday night, people began lining up as early as 8:30 pm for a chance to attend the hearing today. When people move to a place near the entrance court at about 5 am, the fists began to fly.
Jessie Dorris, 27, told ABC affiliate WFTV he was shocked when the men, “just cut in front of us.”
The two men trying to cut in front of the line began to throw punches and a woman is in the House of hitting another man to free her friend of a key. The fight was captured on video.
After Friday morning fight, the rules regarding access to the trial are now requiring that people line up at 8 in the morning before they want to attend the hearing.
At 4 pm, a list will be those who can attend the hearing tomorrow. At 8 the next morning, the list must provide identification to be admitted to the audience.
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.