Top

Canadian Wheat Board

November 16, 2011 by staff 

Canadian Wheat Board, More than 27,000 Canadians have sent automated letters to the federal government in just over a week demanding the Canadian Wheat Board monopoly be saved.

The response has energized the agency’s backers in their fight with the Conservative government.

“The groundswell is definitely there,” said Manitoba farmer Andrew Dennis.

The letters were generated when individuals texted FARMER to a specific number, part of the CWB’s Stop the Steamroller campaign.

The letters were then sent to the individual’s MP and a senator from their province, as well as Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz, interim NDP leader Nycole Turmel and Liberal leader Bob Rae.

The campaign began in early November and by Tuesday afternoon, 27,600 texts had been sent.

CWB officials said at least 40,000 people have visited the website promoting the campaign. The $1.4-million campaign includes television and print ads as well.

Dennis said the support is perhaps coming late in the game, but he finds it heartening and energizing in his quest to save the single desk.

Dennis is a third-generation wheat and canola farmer with 2,500 acres in Brookdale, Man. He said in the summer he started to help raise money for the Friends of the Canadian Wheat Board, but he is not a member of any particular lobby group.

Report to Team

_________________________________________
Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

usspost@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom