Cain Velasquez Vs Junior Dos Santos

November 13, 2011 by staff 

Cain Velasquez Vs Junior Dos Santos, Junior Dos Santos stopped Cain Velasquez just 1 minute 4 seconds into their UFC heavyweight title bout yesterday, claiming Velasquez’s belt and bringing a swift end to the mixed martial arts promotion’s prime-time network debut.

Dos Santos, of Brazil, hit Velasquez with an overhand right early in the first round, staggering the previously unbeaten champion to the canvas. He jumped onto Velasquez, an American, who defended himself briefly before succumbing to Dos Santos’s relentless ground-and-pound blows.

The brief fight was the only event on a one-hour broadcast on Fox, which signed the Ultimate Fighting Championship to a seven-year broadcast deal earlier this year.

“I have no words to say what I’m feeling,” said Dos Santos (14-1), who burst into tears in celebration. “It’s amazing, my life. I have a lot of good people around me. I think Cain Velasquez was for sure my toughest opponent. I was afraid to fight with him, because he’s very tough. I was not 100 per cent for this fight, so I was scared.”

Few could tell — certainly not Velasquez, whose year-long reign ended in his first title defense.

“I just want to say sorry to all my fans, family and friends; I disappointed you,” Velasquez said. “I’m much more than this. I will be back, and I will get that belt back.”

Velasquez (9-1) said Dos Santos’s only big punch disrupted his equilibrium when it landed behind his ear. The first minute before Dos Santos’s decisive blow included almost no action except a takedown attempt by Velasquez that Dos Santos thwarted.

Report to Team

Please feel free to send if you have any questions regarding this post , you can contact on

Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of U.S.S.POST.


Comments are closed.